14:13, Tue 14 Jan
PerthBlue
Wants to manage one more club before he calls it quits, match made in heaven.

A match made in Hell. Old-fashioned football philosophy. He was/is one of Monk’s mentors, and has similar monetary appetite & questionable principles imo, hence yet one more club. He’s also ‘looked after’ Camp, so that would alienate 50% on here.

Besides, there’s no vacancy at this Club. Yet.

Ideal for B6, though. Would have no trouble spending their money, with complex audit trails no doubt.
15:29, Tue 14 Jan
notts_blue
In a parallel universe there is another Birmingham City, where they have had Sam Allardyce, Neil Warnock and Nigel Pearson as managers and only ever buy or loan players who used to play for us, and are owned by Jasper Carrot and the guy from ELO.

They are really, really shit,struggling along in League One, they never play any of that "tippy tappy bollocks", but at least the fans who are left are happy, all fecking 10 of them.

I don't want Warnock, but this post is just silly.

Also, ask Watford fans if they want Pearson.
15:35, Tue 14 Jan
notts_blue
In a parallel universe there is another Birmingham City, where they have had Sam Allardyce, Neil Warnock and Nigel Pearson as managers and only ever buy or loan players who used to play for us, and are owned by Jasper Carrot and the guy from ELO.

They are really, really shit,struggling along in League One, they never play any of that "tippy tappy bollocks", but at least the fans who are left are happy, all fecking 10 of them.

There's probably a correlation between fans who want Warnock and fans who say things like "I'm just happy for us to stay up this year" every pre-season.
Dong Ren Out.
15:59, Tue 14 Jan
Bluestaines
notts_blue

I don't want Warnock, but this post is just silly.

Also, ask Watford fans if they want Pearson.

They don't. hth.
weaponsguru -
"To be fair, the worse side I've seen at St Andrews this season is Blues"
16:09, Tue 14 Jan
No way San Jose. Warnock is complete utter fool. It is BIG no from me.
16:09, Tue 14 Jan
Watford are in a very different position.

When you are a Premier League team looking at relegation your fans will accept anybody if it keeps you up.

Look at Everton fans with Allardyce, they were offering him their wives if he could keep them up, as soon as he had sorted it - they decided his football was shit again.

That's why guys like Pulis and Allardyce keep getting gigs. They do what you desperately want them to do in the short term. Warnock is of that ilk too.

Pearson I actually think is a bit better than that - but we'll see if and when he has kept Watford up...not that they have a great record of sticking with managers anyway.

But look - we can't have it both ways at Blues. We can't - quite rightly - complain about the club's short-term thinking...and then start saying that a 71 year old hump up, lump it and thump it merchant would "do a job"...
16:26, Tue 14 Jan
We're looking at relegation and need keeping up.
16:32, Tue 14 Jan
No chance of us getting relegated and never was.

Like I say, the problem with this short-term thinking is that it never ends. We bollock the owners for it but as fans seem quite happy to do it ourselves.

If we are ever going to get anywhere we (owners, fans and managers) need to stop doing it.
16:33, Tue 14 Jan
We certainly can't afford to be relegated, that is for sure. So for Spike's PL comment above, read us in the Champ now.
Not that Neil Warnock is going to be our manager anyway.
16:35, Tue 14 Jan
Spike

Like I say, the problem with this short-term thinking is that it never ends. We bollock the owners for it but as fans seem quite happy to do it ourselves.

If we are ever going to get anywhere we (owners, fans and managers) need to stop doing it.

Not so sure, we’ve hardly looked world beaters against Wigan or Luton.
16:35, Tue 14 Jan

😲😁
16:36, Tue 14 Jan
Et tu, Redditch?

I thought better of you.
16:39, Tue 14 Jan
Spike

Spike, changing the subject slightly, do you honestly think there is 'no chance' of us getting relegated, not withstanding a points deduction?

We could be five points above the drop come 5pm Saturday with 18 matches to go and with a manager in charge who you and it appears the majority don't rate at all. It's wrong to say we are not in danger IMO, especially given the utterly garbage goals we continue to concede.
16:42, Tue 14 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
He's a prick. And isn't really interested in managing. 71 ffs

Do you know him personally Rab?
16:42, Tue 14 Jan
Spike
Et tu, Redditch?

I thought better of you.

I don't want Warnock, no. I'm just saying we can't afford to be relegated - that is abundantly clear given the financial situation. My hope is the current manager and players buck their feckin ideas up and do something about it.