20:46, Tue 14 Jan
Not heated to the same temperature - same logic but uht - ultra high temperature which gives it a more caramel flavored from the burnt sugars- I never worked in the dairy industry or anything !
SHA's Resident Estate Agent
20:52, Tue 14 Jan
We always had Stera my dad wouldn’t drink anything else. My wife from Leamington had never heard of it till she got here.
21:06, Tue 14 Jan
Grew up on it - used to call it the thin bottle (full fat was, obviously, the fat bottle 🤣). I would hate it nowadays but we knew no different. Hated the free school milk cos it was too rich.
21:07, Tue 14 Jan
Drunk it most of my life, still have it delivered to this day by the milk man. Cup of tea ain’t the same without stera milk.
21:14, Tue 14 Jan
Heard one or two people refer to it as "Brummie milk" in the Black Country.
That was liquid football!
21:30, Tue 14 Jan
Bloody hell never thought there were any other old gits like me on here now. Used to love a Frozen Jubbly form Hazelwoods Corner Shop in the Summer - can still remember the price as well 4d...and if you only Thrupence he'd let you off and get it from your Mom ext visit. As for Camp Coffee...there's only one word...YUK!!....I grew up in Tyseley..Corona Yard was just down the road.

davenports
Used to have it in the days of Camp coffee, Jubblys, Corona pop and "ahem" Davenports beer at home.
And the nit nurse !
21:52, Tue 14 Jan
When I was a lad in the 1960s would earn a few coppers helping the co-op milkman with deliveries and riding about on the float. Stera bottles were great to carry in clumps as you could get your finger around the necks.
22:00, Tue 14 Jan
Valleyblue
Bloody hell never thought there were any other old gits like me on here now. Used to love a Frozen Jubbly form Hazelwoods Corner Shop in the Summer - can still remember the price as well 4d...and if you only Thrupence he'd let you off and get it from your Mom ext visit. As for Camp Coffee...there's only one word...YUK!!....I grew up in Tyseley..Corona Yard was just down the road.

davenports
Used to have it in the days of Camp coffee, Jubblys, Corona pop and "ahem" Davenports beer at home.
And the nit nurse !
This was in the days of Omo washing powder. I also loved Spangles,blackjacks and the Sports Argos
23:25, Tue 14 Jan
Grew up on the stuff I couldn't drink pas
00:07, Wed 15 Jan
BluenoseMo
Grew up on it - used to call it the thin bottle (full fat was, obviously, the fat bottle 🤣). I would hate it nowadays but we knew no different. Hated the free school milk cos it was too rich.

Yep thin and fat bottle was our term for it
07:49, Wed 15 Jan
I was under the impression that it was just a different version of UHT milk.

What ever it was, it was bloody awful.

My Nan used t have it too. Would never touch the stuff when we went to visit her.
07:51, Wed 15 Jan
Same here. My Nan had it and we'd never drink it
08:00, Wed 15 Jan
Tall
Don't it's disgusting. Bulls milk, we called it

Yes known as Bull’s Milk by me as well growing up. You would have it if nothing else around.
09:44, Wed 15 Jan
Mario kempes 78
Was that a brummie thing never used to have it or get it as a kid growing up in Wales,used to come brum to visit the family and I loved it can you still get it?

My old man still has it in his coffee.

I used to love it but I can’t drink it these days, just tastes weird
09:46, Wed 15 Jan
I always had it as a lad till I got married and left home .My missus wouldn't have it she said it was "common" Ill still drink it if I can get it -cant stand that semi-skimmed crap its like white water .

Stera is great in the summer ice cold