Re: Grealish

10:13, Mon 20 Jan
Jude will be better, but not in our shirt.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
10:18, Mon 20 Jan
number8
Jude will be better, but not in our shirt.

I've no doubt about either of those points.

It will still feel great to see 'one of our own' take Grealish's shirt off him.
10:21, Mon 20 Jan
Without Grealish Villa would be below Norwich. Hard to see him staying unless being a 'hero' for Villa is worth being at the low end of the table.

I think that he is gone at the end of the season regardless. Watching Man U against Liverpool they would be insane to not buy him as - with his form right now - I think that he would play for any team in the Prem. Not every game for L'pool, Man City maybe, but he has great ability to just drift and beat a man, picks out a pass, and is now scoring goals as well.

He sucks because he is a Villa fan, but he is real quality.
10:22, Mon 20 Jan
State of this thread

He's shite and a chunt
10:23, Mon 20 Jan
State of this thread

He's shite and a chunt

Yes to the latter, sadly no to the former.
10:24, Mon 20 Jan
Good player.

The diving and buying free kicks is annoying but that's part of the game.

Our own Trevor Francis wasn't above such tricks. If he was going past people and he felt any contact he would go down. Sometimes he would arch his back as if he'd been hit by a shotgun blast.

Re: Grealish

10:29, Mon 20 Jan
He's a Man U fan really, he'll be happy to go there.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
10:42, Mon 20 Jan
On current form he’s probably the best English forward currently playing.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
10:48, Mon 20 Jan
He is obviously a very good player and when he learns to ride tackles and stand on his feet, he could make it to the full England team. I have heard all these stories about "the most fouled player" in the premiership, but that is only because he falls over, sits on the floor with his hands raised, when someone brushes past him. He needs someone better than the present villa manager, to advise him.
11:11, Mon 20 Jan
number8
He'll go to a big club in the summer, they'll get him to stay on his feet and then I think he'll be an England squad regular. He's a one man team at the minute and it still might be enough to keep them up.

Yeah, first thing a proper manager will do is tell Grealish to stay on his feet and stop being such a knob. Then he will really show himself as a player.

At the moment he has an absolute shithouse for a manager, an even bigger shithouse assistant manager and huge shithouse fans worshipping everything he does even when it's crap.

They all enable him by defending his diving and indeed encouraging it rather than recognising what a proper manager would recognise which is that 9 time out of 10 his diving is counterproductive for his team.

The manager who gets him to stay on his feet, use his skills to go past a player - pass it and then keep moving forward will really unlock his undoubted talent. Until then he will remain a diving fop.
12:56, Mon 20 Jan
He is Villa's Zaha.

Happy playing for 'his' club. Like Zaha before him he will look bang average when he moves to a better club. Unlike Zaha he will not then be able to return to 'his' club as unlike Palace who remained in the Premier, the Villa will be in league one having been demoted by the EFL for numerous FFP offences.....please let this happen
13:14, Mon 20 Jan
He’s an excellent player and were he surrounded by better players, be it in Man U or even Citeh or Liverpool shirts, he could be better still and, given the chance establish himself as a permanent fixture in any of those teams.

As has been said, the diving will stop when he makes the break from those cheating to55ers Smith and Terry.
Cowinbovril
13:21, Mon 20 Jan
TiltonPartTimer
Grealish.

Was having this discussion with another blue at the weekend and would love to know your opinions (bias aside).

On form, Grealish is in top 5 centre midfielders in the prem. Discuss.

ON FORM being the important bit here.

I argued for and he argued against.

I had a similar discussion. He’s called a midfielder but doesn’t play in midfield. So no he’s definitely not. I would not want him in my centre mid in an international match
13:32, Mon 20 Jan
HG20
TiltonPartTimer
Grealish.

Was having this discussion with another blue at the weekend and would love to know your opinions (bias aside).

On form, Grealish is in top 5 centre midfielders in the prem. Discuss.

ON FORM being the important bit here.

I argued for and he argued against.

I had a similar discussion. He’s called a midfielder but doesn’t play in midfield. So no he’s definitely not. I would not want him in my centre mid in an international match

I wouldn't play the Mongrel in any position.
Smarmy fekk !
Credit, patience and stay behind them
13:34, Mon 20 Jan
I said that too. He’s a bad egg and I wouldn’t want him potentially ruining the morale of the team