19:54, Wed 22 Jan
Zublue
scouty
Tall
We don't appear to have a 'style of play', so difficult to see how his limitations affect us negatively.

He's a good centre forward at this level and would get in probably 50% of teams in our division (possibly more)

Hopefully our ambitions are top 10. His limitations mean unless we can hit his chest dead on when we are being pinned back, that out ball is being mopped up and sent straight back at us. The last three games were exactly this.
I think what you’re missing is that you can still play football with a juke type striker, you just need a quick, mobile forward next to him, to benefit from what juke can do. That is hold the ball up, bring others into play, flick ons and his obvious aerial threat in the box. We’d be up s**t creek without a paddle if we let him go.

It's possible. But it means playing with a midfield 4 which isn't always optimal.
20:00, Wed 22 Jan
He has done phenomenally well for us in actual terms. When you consider his cost, the appalling teams he’s played in for us, and the annual relegation struggle, it’s better still. Add to that his selflessness, willingness to put his body on the line, and, dare I say it without jinxing him, his injury record, he represents unbelievable value.
Anyone who cannot see that is completely barking.
For all of the naysayers with their “he limits our play” nonsense I’ll raise you a “ what could he have achieved with any kind of decent supply over the last few years” question
20:02, Wed 22 Jan
Bluubalders
He has done phenomenally well for us in actual terms. When you consider his cost, the appalling teams he’s played in for us, and the annual relegation struggle it’s better still. Add to that his selflessness, willingness to pit his body on the line, and, dare I say it without jinxing him, his injury record he represents unbelievable value.
Anyone who cannot see that is completely barking.
For all of your “he limits our play” nonsense I’ll raise you a “ what could he have achieved with any kind of decent supply over the last few years” question

I doubt there is no one who doesn't love him and his effort.

However he belongs to a style of play from a different time.

I don't think there's a top 6 team in the top divisions playing through a big man. Kane is the closest and he's worth it.
20:34, Wed 22 Jan
Depends how big you consider Lewandowski to be. He's the best striker in world football for my money.

Lukaku at Inter, CR7 at Juve, Abraham at Chelsea are all examples of teams using big strikers well.

The difference is that Juke can hold the ball up but he can't lay it off. He just wrestles the defender and gives it away when it's played into feet. He DOES limit how much we can play the ball on the deck and morphs our style around him due to his limitations. But every striker would - if we had Dwight Gayle, we wouldn't be able to play the long ball and cross it in as much.

He can be damned effective at what he does. You can argue either we should build around him or replace him, I think either is a fair POV.
20:35, Wed 22 Jan
France won the last world cup with sexy ole football and a big target man up top.
20:44, Wed 22 Jan
Waggeh
France won the last world cup with sexy ole football and a big target man up top.

That man had great feet and could pick out a pass. Juke doesn't and can't. I don't enjoy ragging on him. I love him. But he can't do enough for a top team.
20:46, Wed 22 Jan
But we're not trying to win the world cup with him. Stringing a couple of wins together in the Championship would be a start.
20:46, Wed 22 Jan
scouty
Waggeh

That man had great feet and could pick out a pass. Juke doesn't and can't. I don't enjoy ragging on him. I love him. But he can't do enough for a top team.
That's why he's in this league with us
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
20:47, Wed 22 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
scouty
Waggeh

I meant a top team in this league.

Sometimes, like Tiger Woods... you have to be prepared to relearn your swing to move on.
20:50, Wed 22 Jan
Good job we're not a top team then.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
20:51, Wed 22 Jan
number8
Good job we're not a top team then.

My point exactly.
20:52, Wed 22 Jan
You make it sound like we'd be Barcelona if we only had a better forward.

Despite the fact we cant keep a clean sheet and cant produce a consistent midfield, never mind a style of play.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
20:52, Wed 22 Jan
scouty
Rab C Nesbitt
scouty
Waggeh

Sometimes, like Tiger Woods... you have to be prepared to relearn your swing to move on.
Sorry?
20:55, Wed 22 Jan
scouty
Rab C Nesbitt
scouty
Waggeh

Albion are top and bid for him. Your point is ridiculous
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
21:05, Wed 22 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
scouty
Rab C Nesbitt
scouty
Waggeh

Albion are top and bid for him. Your point is ridiculous

Yes. He'd be a great bench player for them.