18:05, Wed 22 Jan
Top the arrests league and I'll be happy.
18:07, Wed 22 Jan
Still haven't forgiven Southgate for EURO 96 yet 🤬
18:40, Wed 22 Jan
As a ‘boomer’ saw ‘66 as a 7r old. I remember Mom saying ‘this is the most important football match you’ll ever see’... My Nan had a corner shop: no-one came in during the game (h/t?🤔) and the normally busy Fordhouse Lane was empty... A month or so later I saw my first game at Molineux - Bert M x 2 😎 - and back at school the teacher enquired as to who we supported, many said England, I said BLUES & so my journey had begun😐😔🤭🙁​😎😶🤭😆😐😳🙄🙂😎🙃...

In Mexico 70 Astle’s (R.I.P.) miss stunned us all, as did Germany’s q/f comeback. However, the England v Poland qualifier, (Cloughie : ‘their keeper is a clown’/ off the line from, sub, Kevin Hector after the last corner😳) hit me, and us ALL at KNGS the next day the most. Talk about a grey/dark day... Italy ‘90 was hard but WE had become hardened to it all then - ‘the hand of God, Robbo’s shoulder, Butch(er😆😶) Wilkins chucking the ⚽️ and so on...

England are so hyped, as are the generations - up - (to me), so now the English 🏉& 🏏teams matter more to me...

But IT is always BLUES first for me: whether it is/was a Bridges scissors kick, a TF 35 yarder (past Burridge), anything from The Latch, The Hat, The Horse, The Forse, Stern at The ‘Wall’, anyone securing a draw, or win, v the other lot... Joe Gallagher, Kenny B. Blakey,, Daishy, Scott Dann, The Euro Tour Heroes, Sir Juke, Jude and SO many more...

Winning at Torquay on a freezing March night (promotion eventually clinched), the incredible football theatre of the Watford play off game/ditto PNE away/ditto the Worthington CupFinal/ditto Dazza’s penalty/the Kop & Tilton stands actually moving ( villa & Ipswich etc)/O’connor’s 97th minute winner v Citeh in ‘97?, and the 1-0 win over the Dogheads when we finished with 9 men (& a few things happened pre & post match🙄😶🤫)...

SO, I suppose it’s BLUES first for me... I just long for stability - on and off the field - hanging on to our young players for a little while, some progress, some genuine joys AND a united & excited/growing fan base... However, with the PL being about hype💷VAR😳& mercenaries’s, I can fully understand the desire to see a WC win, or even a Euro’s triumph - bound to happen post BREXIT🙄⚽️🙄...

Proper BLUES? A trite soundbite, a matter of opinion - and viewed differently by different generations - or something that WE, as individuals, know deep down inside? Hmmm... I know that I AM, and that will do for me (‘Tom’)...

KRO
‘They’ll always break your heart, son...’
20:10, Wed 22 Jan
Great post chap - kro.
DES
22:32, Wed 22 Jan
BertMurray2A66
As a ‘boomer’ saw ‘66 as a 7r old. I remember Mom saying ‘this is the most important football match you’ll ever see’... My Nan had a corner shop: no-one came in during the game (h/t?🤔) and the normally busy Fordhouse Lane was empty... A month or so later I saw my first game at Molineux - Bert M x 2 😎 - and back at school the teacher enquired as to who we supported, many said England, I said BLUES & so my journey had begun😐😔🤭🙁​😎😶🤭😆😐😳🙄🙂😎🙃...

In Mexico 70 Astle’s (R.I.P.) miss stunned us all, as did Germany’s q/f comeback. However, the England v Poland qualifier, (Cloughie : ‘their keeper is a clown’/ off the line from, sub, Kevin Hector after the last corner😳) hit me, and us ALL at KNGS the next day the most. Talk about a grey/dark day... Italy ‘90 was hard but WE had become hardened to it all then - ‘the hand of God, Robbo’s shoulder, Butch(er😆😶) Wilkins chucking the ⚽️ and so on...

England are so hyped, as are the generations - up - (to me), so now the English 🏉& 🏏teams matter more to me...

But IT is always BLUES first for me: whether it is/was a Bridges scissors kick, a TF 35 yarder (past Burridge), anything from The Latch, The Hat, The Horse, The Forse, Stern at The ‘Wall’, anyone securing a draw, or win, v the other lot... Joe Gallagher, Kenny B. Blakey,, Daishy, Scott Dann, The Euro Tour Heroes, Sir Juke, Jude and SO many more...

Winning at Torquay on a freezing March night (promotion eventually clinched), the incredible football theatre of the Watford play off game/ditto PNE away/ditto the Worthington CupFinal/ditto Dazza’s penalty/the Kop & Tilton stands actually moving ( villa & Ipswich etc)/O’connor’s 97th minute winner v Citeh in ‘97?, and the 1-0 win over the Dogheads when we finished with 9 men (& a few things happened pre & post match🙄😶🤫)...

SO, I suppose it’s BLUES first for me... I just long for stability - on and off the field - hanging on to our young players for a little while, some progress, some genuine joys AND a united & excited/growing fan base... However, with the PL being about hype💷VAR😳& mercenaries’s, I can fully understand the desire to see a WC win, or even a Euro’s triumph - bound to happen post BREXIT🙄⚽️🙄...

Proper BLUES? A trite soundbite, a matter of opinion - and viewed differently by different generations - or something that WE, as individuals, know deep down inside? Hmmm... I know that I AM, and that will do for me (‘Tom’)...

KRO
Post of the day Bert, I recall those two goals at wolves as if it was yesterday, but when cullis converted him to right back WOW!!
If only bridges had turned up @ VP against baggies in 68!
Kro
08:04, Thu 23 Jan
I’ve found as I’ve got older I care less and less about how the national team do, I get into it for the major tournaments, and go to the occasional game if they fall in the school holidays, but most of the time I can’t be arsed & if that cheating greasy haired little prick from B6 breaks into the team then I shall stop watching them completely.

Blues all day long for me.
11:03, Thu 23 Jan
A beautiful post.
11:10, Thu 23 Jan
Same as me, I used to be mad for it, now I'm indifferent, it's just a sideshow to the real stuff.
11:41, Thu 23 Jan
Great post!

Proper Blues.

Come on me babbies!
11:46, Thu 23 Jan
Miamivice79
True.

But answering my short survey will put you in one camp or the other.

Choose wisely, or a random poster on the internet will never truly respect you ever again.

So its just another veiled Camp thread
11:49, Thu 23 Jan
DES
DES
For me, being PROPER blues has nothing whatsoever to do with feelings for our national side!
Being Proper Blues means being resolute in times of adversity (roughly last 145 yrs) never expecting things to get better (but hopefully always wishing they would) never taking any shit from fans of other clubs, instead hitting them with a put down that rankles them for years.

Appreciating players who run their hearts out for the club regardless of how little ability, and just occasionally and I do mean occasionally, appreciating a skillful player regardless of his lack of work rate, (that generally happens about once a decade.)
Leaves protesting to Vilers, and just instead shrugs his shoulders at another epic fail, before trying to take up the early bird offer for next years season ticket!

KRO

People have tried being resolute over last 145 yrs but sadly they passed on before they got to that ripe old age
BertMurray2A66

KRO

Excellent read, with you on most being DOB 62, sad I know but I even wanted to have a go at some guy down here in gloucestershire who had just come out of the spin studio and was changing his shoes and putting them into a vile shoe bag.
Randomly had a chat with a guy at bar the other day watching spurs liverpool, he turned out to be a viler. I had great delight in pointing out what a skilful player greasy was.......I paused as he agreed then also told him greasey was the biggest cheat in the prem and hence why the most fouled player.
I guess its all about opinions
I don,t really care about England but i suppose i'd rather they won than lost when they're playing.... unless a scum player is playing in the England team, i'd rather they got beat or scum player gets injured then. Blues first and foremost.
20:02, Thu 23 Jan
So what if in some weird parallel universe the entire England squad happened to be all blues players. England win a world cup. By definition blues would then do the 6 timer ( F.A. cup premier league Haribo cup champions league world club cup and the charidy shield) Winner winner chicken dinner.

Be careful what you wish for.
20:02, Thu 23 Jan
I need a lie down.