12:26, Wed 12 Feb
Rab C Nesbitt
And easily replaced them. Some would still be happy with Wurzel here, telling people to be patient

Waited for Zola to resign - at which point we were 20th and won 2 in 24 games
12:33, Wed 12 Feb
Yeah he started with a plan and bottled it early.
Sound familiar?
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
12:34, Wed 12 Feb
Look, because we've won 3 games on the trot and are now up to 14th place in the table doesn't mean we can suddenly describe this as a good season so far with a good job being done by the Head Coach.

Of course we all hope that a corner has been turned and we can continue on this good run of results, but let's not forget how much of a mess this season has been in terms of tactics, style of play and team selections (all of which have been all over the place) - Clotet has to take responsibility for that regardless of the various narratives put forward.

It looks like we will avoid the disaster of relegation into League One - but when discussing Clotet I think we should be asking ourselves whether we really feel as though he is the man to get us pushing for promotion, because ultimately that's where we we want to be.

Yes there are issues above Clotet - no argument with that, but that doesn't excuse a lot of the scattered thinking I've seen from him this season and consequently a very poor runs of results within this season.

I honestly hope he proves me wrong, but 3 wins on the trot and 14th place isn't currently doing that in my opinion.
12:37, Wed 12 Feb
Rab C Nesbitt
Yeah he started with a plan and bottled it early.
Sound familiar?

Not really no, As said earlier a combination of the 2 is what we should be looking for.

You cant be pretty on a Tuesday night in Barnsley in them conditions.

We need to have that side to us to grind results out.

We also (as seen in periods against forest) can play some good football.

We still have Crowley to come back who is IMO the catalyst for our passing game
12:42, Wed 12 Feb
No greater truth in football than the mood changing after a win or two. Totally result driven.

Astounding if Blues made playoffs from here. Too many teams in the way. Would need to win 10 or 11 of last 14 which is highly unlikely in this league.

Team looks more solid now, plus goals. More likely a playoff tilt next season. Trouble is,hierarchy won’t change and that’s the rotten bit.
13:06, Wed 12 Feb
Pep has turned it around, fair play to him. He needed the tools, without Hogan we draw last night.
13:06, Wed 12 Feb
Rab C Nesbitt
Or maybe, with a manager more capable in place we’d have been getting these results a few months earlier, without the players deciding that they know better . Seems they were right too

isnt it ironic that when we lose its directly the managers fault...yet when we win its because the players have got together and sorted it out.

theres a word for this....
13:09, Wed 12 Feb
druid
Look, because we've won 3 games on the trot and are now up to 14th place in the table doesn't mean we can suddenly describe this as a good season so far with a good job being done by the Head Coach.

Of course we all hope that a corner has been turned and we can continue on this good run of results, but let's not forget how much of a mess this season has been in terms of tactics, style of play and team selections (all of which have been all over the place) - Clotet has to take responsibility for that regardless of the various narratives put forward.

It looks like we will avoid the disaster of relegation into League One - but when discussing Clotet I think we should be asking ourselves whether we really feel as though he is the man to get us pushing for promotion, because ultimately that's where we we want to be.

Yes there are issues above Clotet - no argument with that, but that doesn't excuse a lot of the scattered thinking I've seen from him this season and consequently a very poor runs of results within this season.

I honestly hope he proves me wrong, but 3 wins on the trot and 14th place isn't currently doing that in my opinion.

Agree totally with this
13:12, Wed 12 Feb
Pep himself said last night. That bringing a player of Hogan's ability in has freed Juke up to play in his preferred role.
She's playing with fire, he''s not ready for nibbly pig...
13:12, Wed 12 Feb
Bluenose_68
Rab C Nesbitt
Or maybe, with a manager more capable in place we’d have been getting these results a few months earlier, without the players deciding that they know better . Seems they were right too

isnt it ironic that when we lose its directly the managers fault...yet when we win its because the players have got together and sorted it out.

theres a word for this....
Did you not see the interviews?
Do you think that’s normal?
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
13:13, Wed 12 Feb
Rab C Nesbitt
And easily replaced them. Some would still be happy with Wurzel here, telling people to be patient

Bit like you with Zola then.
13:13, Wed 12 Feb
Worcester Blue
druid

Agree totally with this
Yep
13:14, Wed 12 Feb
Englishblue
9 out of 9 points and some of you still aren't happy!

Pep done the right thing & we haven't completely abandoned Dongball,

We understand the importance of the old dogged determined blues when needed and I think a combination of the 2 is exactly what we should be looking for.

Horrendous conditions away at Barnsley on a Tuesday night, Football was never going to be played.

He realised what was needed to get the 3 points. I think we will see a different blues at home Saturday against Brentford

I was talking about the last three (and indeed eight) years, not three games.
13:23, Wed 12 Feb
Englishblue
Rab C Nesbitt
number8
No, if we want to try and go up next season, we'll need a better manager.

Just like Camp hasn't suddenly turned into Ederson overnight.
Is it really that hard to understand?

The thing you aren't understanding is no manager in their right mind is going to come and work under the owners

So we can either get behind Pep and hope the combination of his coaching and the players leadership come good.

OR go back to drawing board get in another yes man potentially upset the team spirit and set ourselves back another couple of seasons

Which is why I believe its more important that the Board go first and we try and bring that about. Because for all we may get behind Pep, he ain't good enough. It seems that even these last three wins have been in spite of him, not because of him, if the players made him change things.
13:28, Wed 12 Feb
maybe we just dont need a manager at all. Seemingly the players have got it all in hand..you know what with them picking the team and the tactics and all...