08:38, Thu 13 Feb
Steve Whitton
Last night went straight down the tunnel and did the same at Bristol City. Didn't see him applaud fans. Looks very unhappy. I can only see him leaving in the Summer. He normally gets a bit of stick from Brentford fans even worse for him if on the bench Saturday.

I didn’t want to bring it up for fear of being “negative”. He did applaud the fans but it almost seemed like an empty gesture. For the “captain” to be the quickest one off the pitch and down the tunnel is poor imo. Juke has been the one who’s acted like a captain all season.
08:41, Thu 13 Feb
Kristoff
Steve Whitton
Last night went straight down the tunnel and did the same at Bristol City. Didn't see him applaud fans. Looks very unhappy. I can only see him leaving in the Summer. He normally gets a bit of stick from Brentford fans even worse for him if on the bench Saturday.

I didn’t want to bring it up for fear of being “negative”. He did applaud the fans but it almost seemed like an empty gesture. For the “captain” to be the quickest one off the pitch and down the tunnel is poor imo. Juke has been the one who’s acted like a captain all season.

People really do read way too much into things.
Did he applaud the fans? yes but not for long enough. Come on!

When did we become such a sensitive bunch
08:45, Thu 13 Feb
I’m more concerned about the way he acted with the rest of the team to be honest. Seemed far from a leader of the group virtually running off the pitch whilst the rest of the lads celebrated.

blues
Kristoff
Steve Whitton

09:08, Thu 13 Feb
It is an empty gesture
09:42, Thu 13 Feb
blues
Kristoff
Steve Whitton

were you there ? if you were you would understand the complete difference in behaviour of the club captain to say Jude, Gardner, Juke and dare i say it Pep. pep has taken dogs abuse but came over to the fans. Dean was straight down the tunnel and only because fans were next to it applauding him did he react. That is not the behaviour of a leader, and that's the point. As club captain, he is meant to be leading the team by example and he was a long long way from some one i would want to lead me into battle.
SHA's Resident Estate Agent
09:47, Thu 13 Feb
Pep has taken dogs abuse.

When?
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
09:55, Thu 13 Feb
Robert Hopkins
were you there ? .

I was there and I didn't read that much into it either.

Same as I didn't read too much into him cupping his ear against Albion or having a conversation with Clotet at the end of the Luton away win.

At Barnsley he had literally only been on a few minutes, he shook hands with all the players and then walked off - he did briefly applaud the fans as he walked to the tunnel.

I have also been at away games where he has been over to the fans and been given a round of effs.

I don't really care either way, as we can see from this thread some people think he deserves shite - I personally think some of it's been OTT but each to their own.

I don't think he's had a great season though as I said I do think he's done alright his last few appearances.

I don't read into it that he is an arrogant fanny or any of that stuff, and I just think that even if he hasn't played that well and has done some daft things - he's a living, breathing bloke and doesn't deserve to be called a fanny.
09:57, Thu 13 Feb
I don't rate Harlee and don't think he should be captain, but agree a lot of the criticism is OTT.
10:37, Thu 13 Feb
Rab C Nesbitt

When?

Do you not read this forum ?

and my views on Harlee are about his actions as captain not his performances on pitch. he has played through injury and that is the actions of a leader something has changed with him, and whether thats personal or because abuse he has heard - the cupping ears thing doesn't bother me, the not leading the team does. We have previously said we don't have a leader on the pitch, and that needs to change
SHA's Resident Estate Agent
10:37, Thu 13 Feb
Prime example of a sensitive fan.

We win the match, extend our unbeaten run and the focus is on Dean not applauding the fans enough. Ridiculous
10:43, Thu 13 Feb
Robert Hopkins
Rab C Nesbitt

When?

Do you not read this forum ?

and my views on Harlee are about his actions as captain not his performances on pitch. he has played through injury and that is the actions of a leader something has changed with him, and whether thats personal or because abuse he has heard - the cupping ears thing doesn't bother me, the not leading the team does. We have previously said we don't have a leader on the pitch, and that needs to change
A lot of people have got abuse on here.
I wouldn’t call that dogs abuse. Fans have been very, very patient this season. Even at Swansea very few were left at the end giving anybody dogs abuse.
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
14:03, Thu 13 Feb
Rab C Nesbitt

When?

Pep got loads at Coventry "away" when he came to applaud the fans in the GM
14:14, Thu 13 Feb
Newbs
Rab C Nesbitt

When?

Pep got loads at Coventry "away" when he came to applaud the fans in the GM

Yes, he did. That's true to be fair.

I haven't heard much elsewhere be that home or sway - but he did get a fair doing after that first Cov game.
14:44, Thu 13 Feb
I was on the way back to digbeth tbf when the injury time went up, so fair do's I missed that.
Even that day though at any club at our level , they were going to get some stick for that performance and the run wed been on.
That's just a case of taking the rough with the smooth in his job
15:49, Thu 13 Feb
The blokes just had a new baby with many a sleepless night, he's said so himself the other day

Everyone I know is not quite themselves in the same circumstance

I know I wouldn't be

Seems a good vibe among the squad right now, why are fans being negative and looking for shit to stir?

Enjoy the good times , they are rare