18:09, Wed 12 Feb
We should sing that again
18:15, Wed 12 Feb
'City'
18:16, Wed 12 Feb
Yes, there is that
18:36, Wed 12 Feb
Blimey, that's a good old blast from the past - along with 'Jolly Good Company', and 'Goodbye-ee'

[www.ww1photos.com]
The Belle of St. Trillions
18:37, Wed 12 Feb
I concur
That was liquid football!
18:45, Wed 12 Feb
If she's still got her Barrow, I've a load of soil that needs shifting
What did the Knights in White satin?
18:53, Wed 12 Feb
A song about a fishy prostitute, whose identity and very existence is still unclear - is this another ownership protest?
19:08, Wed 12 Feb
I feel bad criticising the away following but you could hear everything last night and the array of songs was cringeworthy. We need some origional and humerous songs like the good old days.
19:39, Wed 12 Feb
Brother Tam
Blimey, that's a good old blast from the past - along with 'Jolly Good Company', and 'Goodbye-ee'

[www.ww1photos.com]

Both of those were great- early to mid 70s, I think? I’m fairly sure the latter was used in a tv advert of the time, although i can’t find any reference to that being the case on t’internet. We used to sing it when away fans left early.
Cowinbovril
20:00, Wed 12 Feb
Mr Driscoll
Brother Tam

[www.ww1photos.com]

Both of those were great- early to mid 70s, I think? I’m fairly sure the latter was used in a tv advert of the time, although i can’t find any reference to that being the case on t’internet. We used to sing it when away fans left early.

Yes, you're spot on about the era. I reckon 1974-195. You're also right in that it was used as a TV ad, and it was for Worthington's Bitter E.
20:26, Wed 12 Feb
I used to love " It,s a long way to New Street Station " Although it might need to be upgraded soon to " Curzon Station "
20:40, Wed 12 Feb
davenports
I used to love " It,s a long way to New Street Station " Although it might need to be upgraded soon to " Curzon Station "

i was only starting singing this the other day to a lad at work.
And eff me i couldn't remember the words and still can't remember.
Can you put the whole words up for me please ?
20:49, Wed 12 Feb
Remember when there was a minutes silence at a mid 70’s night match, early season, v Man U. Can’t recall the reason - ex player passing away? Anyway, the ‘Mancs’ didn’t respect the silence, & when it ended the ‘you’re gonna get your f****** heads kicked in’, was somewhat chilling.

The Mighty Quinn/Fred Pickering was great (60s), & we’ve got Jim Montgomery No.1 (later TC) was good when they kept right on to no.11...

A slow & ‘haunting’ KRO is the best we’ll get retrospectively. Loved ‘The Champions Ball’ - not too appropriate these days...

KRO
‘They’ll always break your heart, son...’
20:54, Wed 12 Feb
And 'Hey Blues' to the tune of 'Hey Jude', of course, which is still done occasionally now. Bit sobering to think that that had only just been written then though.
20:56, Wed 12 Feb
mr-bubble
davenports

i was only starting singing this the other day to a lad at work.
And eff me i couldn't remember the words and still can't remember.
Can you put the whole words up for me please ?
Think it was
"Its a long way to New street Station ,It's a long way to go .
Its a long way to New strret station its the longest walk you'll go.
Feck off Aston Villa, Feck off Albion.
Its a long ,long way to New Street station and we,ll see you there "