13:48, Thu 13 Feb
davenports
Albert - Lord Birmingham
Brother Tam
davenports
Inspector Montalbano
De, de, de, der, de,de,de ,der, de,de, de,de,de derrrr knees up mother brown....
Knees up Mother Brown ,Knees up Mother Brown,
Under the table you must go, ee, yai, ee,yai, oo !
If we find you wank**g, we'll saw your legs right off

I like the way you've asterisked the 'i' and the 'n', so as not to cause possible offence. 😂
it was "if we CATCH you wank**g".
Certainly was ,my mistake but in my defence I did post late last night after some light refreshments!! The asterisks were of course to keep up standards.
As I was the first to bring up the Ansells brewery ditty last night I think the only true version is with the words "Boot Boys " End of.

Boot Boys, definitely!
The Belle of St. Trillions
DES
13:50, Thu 13 Feb
Brother Tam
davenports
Albert - Lord Birmingham
Brother Tam
davenports
Inspector Montalbano
De, de, de, der, de,de,de ,der, de,de, de,de,de derrrr knees up mother brown....
Knees up Mother Brown ,Knees up Mother Brown,
Under the table you must go, ee, yai, ee,yai, oo !
If we find you wank**g, we'll saw your legs right off

I like the way you've asterisked the 'i' and the 'n', so as not to cause possible offence. 😂
it was "if we CATCH you wank**g".
Certainly was ,my mistake but in my defence I did post late last night after some light refreshments!! The asterisks were of course to keep up standards.
As I was the first to bring up the Ansells brewery ditty last night I think the only true version is with the words "Boot Boys " End of.

Boot Boys, definitely!
I was bemused at those alternatives..beer boys!!
13:55, Thu 13 Feb
DES
And it takes a lot to get you bemused DES !!!!
DES
14:03, Thu 13 Feb
davenports
And it takes a lot to get you bemused DES !!!!
it does but I can see from your posting name you are from that era!
Beer at Home with Davenports
That's the beer, lots of cheer
The finest malt with hops and yeast
turns a snackinto a feast
straight from brewery to your home!

ETC ETC

heres a fact for the more mature ones on here, the guy who did that advert was the actual MD of that company, saw him coming out of the office once on Bath Row, right next to old accident hospital!
14:07, Thu 13 Feb
DES
Am indeed DES
14:25, Thu 13 Feb
davenports
Am indeed DES

You might find this interesting!

I always remember the 'Davenports' railway bridge near the library in Selly Oak. Just down the road from there was what must have been one of the first Blues 'club shop' franchises. I used to haunt that place - I think it was a newsagents/
17:06, Thu 13 Feb
I remember that shop, would find my way there when wagging school
17:52, Thu 13 Feb
Brother Tam
davenports
Am indeed DES

You might find this interesting!

I always remember the 'Davenports' railway bridge near the library in Selly Oak. Just down the road from there was what must have been one of the first Blues 'club shop' franchises. I used to haunt that place - I think it was a newsagents/

Hope this helps

18:01, Thu 13 Feb
Oh thanks - just realised that my earlier one didn't load. I'll try again.

Edit: that was strange - wouldn't load up on my Mac but was fine from my laptop. Never mind.
DES
08:43, Fri 14 Feb
Brother Tam
Oh thanks - just realised that my earlier one didn't load. I'll try again.

Edit: that was strange - wouldn't load up on my Mac but was fine from my laptop. Never mind.
The guy on the davenports ad was mr Daniels the company MD.
Have I imagined it or was their a hoarding over that little stand where all the disabled cars used to be lined up between the railway and the main stand advertising Davenports?

Kro
10:18, Fri 14 Feb
DES
Been trying to remember some of the davenports adverts from around the ground in the past . Seem to remember that the Tilton has had adverts for "davenports" and "ansells" along the front of the roof at different times in the past when it was terraced .
Another chirpy little tune from the past- - "He's only a poor little villa fan,his face is all tattered and torn "
What a tribute to english literature. Byron,Wordsworth,Shelley, Shakespeare etc ,look and learn !
DES
10:29, Fri 14 Feb
davenports
Been trying to remember some of the davenports adverts from around the ground in the past . Seem to remember that the Tilton has had adverts for "davenports" and "ansells" along the front of the roof at different times in the past when it was terraced .
Another chirpy little tune from the past- - "He's only a poor little villa fan,his face is all tattered and torn "
What a tribute to english literature. Byron,Wordsworth,Shelley, Shakespeare etc ,look and learn !

On a semi serious note, how come there was dozens of songs to sing back then, now at Blues its just KRO (sung too quickly) ad nauseum!

KRO
11:13, Fri 14 Feb
DES
I remember the ‘City boys we are here’ one. Probably not appropriate to include all the words on here though finished with ‘drink your beer’.
15:49, Fri 14 Feb
DES
I think the terraces made people a bit less self conscious about starting a song,obviously wasn't risking being told to "Sit down and shut up ".
16:17, Fri 14 Feb
DES
DES
davenports

On a semi serious note, how come there was dozens of songs to sing back then, now at Blues its just KRO (sung too quickly) ad nauseum!

KRO

We were far more creative back in the day DES !