09:49, Thu 13 Feb
Fat Buddha
eff the efl

shiny arsed tosspots
Be patient , let them grow into their role
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
09:49, Thu 13 Feb
Is there not a side case to argue here. Regardless if the outcome, having to wait so long before we find out with it hanging over our heads can have a detrimental effect to the team and morale, as it did last season?
09:50, Thu 13 Feb
David_Speedie
Is there not a side case to argue here. Regardless if the outcome, having to wait so long before we find out with it hanging over our heads can have a detrimental effect to the team and morale, as it did last season?

I can tell you beyond all doubt that the last time was at least partly due to us delaying it.
09:55, Thu 13 Feb
Fair enough, I do also think that the whole thing needs to be made simpler and more transparent so everyone knows the punishment beforehand. I.e if you’re guilty of a P&S breach it’s an X point deduction and a fine of Y. Then a scaled system so the bigger margin you fail by the larger your points deduction.
09:57, Thu 13 Feb
David_Speedie
Fair enough, I do also think that the whole thing needs to be made simpler and more transparent so everyone knows the punishment beforehand. I.e if you’re guilty of a P&S breach it’s an X point deduction and a fine of Y. Then a scaled system so the bigger margin you fail by the larger your points deduction.

100% agree. It's bullshit there is this long wait, it's bullshit there is no transparency.
10:19, Thu 13 Feb
Yeah. I am not aware there's an agreed punishment for breach of a business plan, as opposed to the sliding points scale for initial P&S breaches.
Surely this isn't going to be more than three points. Even Percy doesn't suggest so and he likes to talk about the biggest possible punishments in his pieces.
10:30, Thu 13 Feb
Redditch Blue
Yeah. I am not aware there's an agreed punishment for breach of a business plan, as opposed to the sliding points scale for initial P&S breaches.
Surely this isn't going to be more than three points. Even Percy doesn't suggest so and he likes to talk about the biggest possible punishments in his pieces.

The sliding scale wasn’t in place until after we were charged. Part of the delay this time is there was no sanction guidelines in place.
10:59, Thu 13 Feb
Yes the sliding scale was agreed in September 2018 (ish) I think.

Percy has a contact within or connected to the EFL for sure.
14:12, Thu 13 Feb
El Mayor
Super Hans
Can anyone remember how long it took from last years hearing until we found out the punishment?

Percy says in the article we should know by the end of the month

You all know that if they find against us that there may not be a points deduction at all?

There are a range of sanctions that the EFL may suggest and that a commission panel may apply:

92.2 A decision may:

92.2.1 order a party to do or refrain from doing anything;

92.2.2 order a specific performance;

92.2.3 make a declaration on any matter to be determined;

92.2.4 issue a reprimand or warning as to the future conduct of a party;

92.2.5 order the payment of compensation to The League, any Club, any other club, Player or other person;

92.2.6 order a suspension of membership of The League;

92.2.7 order a deduction of points;

92.2.8 impose a financial penalty payable to The League;

92.2.9 recommend expulsion from membership of The League;

92.2.10 order a withdrawal or loss of benefit otherwise available to members of The League e.g. basic award or ladder payment;

92.2.11 impose an embargo on registration of Players;

92.2.12 order any other sanction as the Disciplinary Commission may think fit; and

92.2.13 order that interest be payable on any sums awarded under this Regulation for such period and at such rates as the Disciplinary Commission thinks fit.
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
14:17, Thu 13 Feb
92.2.1 order a party to do or refrain from doing anything

I'm guessing they ordered us to bring money into the club, we agreed and signed it off and then didn't do it.

Think it's likely we wont get points or if we do, perhaps just one.
14:19, Thu 13 Feb
I think it'll be a slap this time, its a effing tenuous thing to try and punish someone for. Especially as we have done it since with Adams going. Give us a small fine and move on.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
14:23, Thu 13 Feb
Totally see where you're coming from and I think a points deduction would be a nonsense, but nine months is a long time to take just to give someone a slap on the wrist.
I accept the commission which will decide any punishment only met yesterday, but if the EFL were happy for the panel to issue a slap on the wrist then I just do not believe it would have taken this long to come around.
Blues mentioned 'ongoing disciplinary proceedings' in the accounts didn't they? All this fuss for a slap on the wrist? I don't see it.
mad
17:37, Thu 13 Feb
Saul Goodman
I'm guessing they ordered us to bring money into the club, we agreed and signed it off and then didn't do it.

Think it's likely we wont get points or if we do, perhaps just one.

How can the EFL order a club to bring in more money?

The same EFL that allows clubs (and has allowed them to do so for 25 years now) to downgrade the EFL cup

The same EFL that sanctions the scheduling of ever more midweek games thus causing attendances to dwindle on their watch instead of telling clubs to get on and play every Saturday like they ought to even through international breaks
23:37, Thu 13 Feb
mad
We agreed.
Who are the idiots?
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
08:05, Fri 14 Feb
Rab C Nesbitt
We agreed.
Who are the idiots?

This. I'm struggling to see how people can defend the club who are totally responsible for this.