14:23, Thu 13 Feb
Hi all, I'm off to Budapest on Monday 17th and come back Thursday 20th. has anyone watched a game of football over there before? wanna try and catch a game if i can.

Is it safe to go to a game with my Misses? which team etc?

not even sure if there is a game happening whilst I'm over there. I've tried searching but had no luck.

Thanks for any help in advance.
14:25, Thu 13 Feb
Looks like there's games on the 15th and the 22nd so you may be unlucky
DES
14:32, Thu 13 Feb
lewk
Hi all, I'm off to Budapest on Monday 17th and come back Thursday 20th. has anyone watched a game of football over there before? wanna try and catch a game if i can.

Is it safe to go to a game with my Misses? which team etc?

not even sure if there is a game happening whilst I'm over there. I've tried searching but had no luck.

Thanks for any help in advance.
Is Honved still the top club over there? they certainly used to be!
14:37, Thu 13 Feb
DES
looks like its ferencvaros atm. no games whilst Im there though. looks like all games are on a saturday.
14:43, Thu 13 Feb
There are cup games happening on the 19th but the only Budapest team I can see playing (MTK) are away.
14:58, Thu 13 Feb
lewk
looks like its ferencvaros atm. no games whilst Im there though. looks like all games are on a saturday.

You might be in luck - looks like it's the cup when you are there, quite a few games on the 19th:

[int.soccerway.com]
15:02, Thu 13 Feb
The Budapest teams, MTK and Honved are both away.
15:10, Thu 13 Feb
Szekesfehervar is where Fehervar play, apparently, and Mr Google tells me it's 1.5 hours away by train if you are keen to see them play Újpest.

I'm a bit of an anorak on new grounds so I would go, but not sure the significant other would be joining me!
15:20, Thu 13 Feb
I watched Ferencvaros when i was in Buda, if you are going you're best going to the ground the day before to get a membership card, everyone has to have one or used to anyway to get in the ground( i went 4 yrs ago). Was farcical when i went, didn't realise needed membership card, queued for about an hour to get that, to then have to queue for another hour for a match ticket, i got in around half time lol.
mad
15:35, Thu 13 Feb
[en.wikipedia.org]

Worth looking up second division teams in case they're at home. Check the maps out. 4 second division clubs in Greater Budapest
15:36, Thu 13 Feb
Went to see Honved a few seasons back. The ground is in the middle of nowhere with what looked like the towns only employer, a creaking old steelworks, long since closed down. The place is surrounded by tower blocks of utilitarian housing, named A Block, B Block etc. A marching band of school age girls entertained the crowd at half time, to Gary Glitter's 'I'm the leader of the gang' (I kid you not).
DES
15:44, Thu 13 Feb
bluepeter
Szekesfehervar is where Fehervar play, apparently, and Mr Google tells me it's 1.5 hours away by train if you are keen to see them play Újpest.

I'm a bit of an anorak on new grounds so I would go, but not sure the significant other would be joining me!

Bluepeter, out of interest how many grounds have you seen the Blues play at? The reason I ask is I work with my bro who has seen Blues play at 96 and two baggies who have seen them over a hundred, Im a real lightweight by comparison just over fifty for me.

KRO
15:54, Thu 13 Feb
DES
Blues at about 60 grounds, but approaching 200 grounds in total (including cricket, rugby etc).
DES
16:56, Thu 13 Feb
Blue peter, long way out from the 92 club! Hopefully you have age on yr side!
If I included England away games probably add another 30 I guess!

Kro
18:28, Thu 13 Feb
DES
86 with Blues, dont forget quite a few clubs have completely new stadiums in differen locations so you can count 2 for them 😉