18:23, Thu 13 Feb
No.2 son having some issues at work which are tantamount to harassment/victimisation/bullying.

Couple of questions....

Can he submit a resignation letter “with immediate effect” if we choose to go down the constructive dismissal route? As in not working his notice period?

What’s the best vehicle for starting this process? Are Citizens Advice a good place to start?

How long can the company take to provide his personnel file under GDPR? Is there a set time frame?

TIA.
18:27, Thu 13 Feb
Go to ACAS for proper free advice, not here.
I called ACAS when I had an issue, they were more than helpful with advice . Just google them then you'll have options to go through to get you to speak to the right person.
18:39, Thu 13 Feb
Without the full facts it would be hard to give advice but appreciate you wouldn't want to air the whole thing out on a public forum board.
Pearly Dewdrops
No.2 son having some issues at work which are tantamount to harassment/victimisation/bullying.

Couple of questions....

Can he submit a resignation letter “with immediate effect” if we choose to go down the constructive dismissal route? As in not working his notice period?

What’s the best vehicle for starting this process? Are Citizens Advice a good place to start?

How long can the company take to provide his personnel file under GDPR? Is there a set time frame?

TIA.

Yes you can but make sure you have a solid case before he does it.
Like an English rain. So light yet endless from a leaden sky. Neil Peart RIP.

And when the music stops
There's only the sound of the rain.
ACAS would be worth contacting, but I've found (from an employer's point of view) that their advice to a rogue employee wasn't very good, although the daft bastard did use my mobile to call them, which I found out about and got hold of an employment solicitor first.

So - it might be as well to seek a consultation with an employment lawyer. It might be free initially, but even if it isn't, it's likely to be worthwhile, as it's an important step that you're thinking of taking.
The Belle of St. Trillions
18:40, Thu 13 Feb
He can certainly request to leave with immediate effect whether that is granted or not will depend on the employer and whatever notice period is stated in his contract.

Constructive dismissal is a seriously difficult case to win if he was to pursue it legally. He would need to have raised any issues formally through the correct processes at work prior to his leaving otherwise your argument becomes a little flawed. Most importantly, he will need continuous service with the employer for two years in order to be able to pursue a constructive dismissal claim unless he can prove a breach of contract or that his dismissal was due to discrimination.

You can request information from the company’s data controller at any time and they are legally bound to acknowledge your request within a month (but they don’t have to produce the requested info within that time).
@stevanderman
19:27, Thu 13 Feb
The two year thing here is key, if he hasn't served two years unless it is discrimination, don't even waste your time on a phone call. If he has done two years then Acas is a starting point but to win constructive dismissal then you really would need to speak to a solicitor. CAB are great if you want to know if you can take something back to Argos, they have just provided someone I know with completely the wrong advice, as they don't know some very basic law.
SHA's Resident Estate Agent
19:32, Thu 13 Feb
Contact ACAS, helped me a bunch when I was having employment issues.

Always better to go to the people who know what they're on about than a bunch of randomers on a football forum.
19:35, Thu 13 Feb
But, by going to a bunch of randoms on here, he will more than likely speak to ACAS now. So job done.
19:36, Thu 13 Feb
Jameron Cerome

Always better to go to the people who know what they're on about than a bunch of randomers on a football forum.

That's why I suggested an employment lawyer, having being less than impressed with ACAS on a couple of occasions.
The Belle of St. Trillions
19:48, Thu 13 Feb
Thanks all. I know that the info here should not be taken as gospel, but it’s a great place to start.

ACAS for example, I wouldn’t have thought of them.

However, the crucial thing here is the 2 year thing, which again I wasn’t aware of. This is his second stint at this retailer, but he’s only been there for 12 months this time. Struggling with the discrimination angle, so he may well have to just suck it up and leave. That’s a shame, because I do think there’s a case here, they are gunning for him for a totally spurious event which is worth 30 mins or £3.80 to him, or more accurately, them.

Anybody interested in a 21 year old hard working layabout 😀?
19:59, Thu 13 Feb
" Anybody interested in a 21 year old layabout 😀? "

We got rid of Bentley years ago
Credit, patience and stay behind them
20:35, Thu 13 Feb
Jameron Cerome

Or maybe he can just consult someone on here who actually works for a trade union?
@stevanderman
21:40, Thu 13 Feb
Union