11:18, Fri 14 Feb
When we've mentioned great nights at Stans, this match seems to have been overlooked in recent times. The place was rocking that night, and goals by Liam Daish and Kevin Francis won the game. If I remember correctly Kevin Dearden, Nicky Forster, and Martin Grainger were in the Brentford line up that night. We'd been at Wembley three days earlier.

I'll take that score tomorrow!
11:23, Fri 14 Feb
Yeah, it was a great night. Ferocious on and off the pitch.

My abiding memory is Gary Poole and Grainger going into a 50/50 - after Grainger boasting before the match what a hard nut he was - and Gary Poole left him in pieces for the groundsman to rake up.
11:24, Fri 14 Feb
I still get goosebumps thinking about it! I think it was Martin Grainger that said the the noise and atmosphere was so fierce that it got to the Brentford team.
The Belle of St. Trillions
mad
11:25, Fri 14 Feb
25'581 crowd (I think this was the biggest all seater crowd at Stans before the Gil Merrick was built which added 4'000 additional capacity to the stadium, taking away the old 4000 Railway Stand and replacing it with the 8000 Gil Merrick)
11:27, Fri 14 Feb
Big Kev was hobbling around at the end as well!
11:35, Fri 14 Feb
This first appeared in the Evening vile in 2010

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
11:46, Fri 14 Feb
That's the one where Daish got booked for blowing a trumpet chucked from the crown wasn't it?
Old MacDonald had a farm. EU, EU... Oh.
11:50, Fri 14 Feb
That side in the 1994/95 season is still my favourite one we have had in my lifetime.

Full of proper men!
Steve Cotterill 2005 'I don't want to give Robbie Blake any praise, but he was superb.'

@1981marc
11:50, Fri 14 Feb
Rasputin
That's the one where Daish got booked for blowing a trumpet chucked from the crown wasn't it?

No wasnt that Chester away? Same season though
Steve Cotterill 2005 'I don't want to give Robbie Blake any praise, but he was superb.'

@1981marc
11:58, Fri 14 Feb
Wolvobluenose
Big Kev was hobbling around at the end as well!

Bigun was injured in the game at Wembley, he completely screwed his knee in scoring the first goal and limped straight off afterwards.
12:00, Fri 14 Feb
Double post...
12:02, Fri 14 Feb
Yeah, didn't he score at Stans and then went straight off as well?

I liked Poole.

That was a massive effort in retrospect, even though we had a massive squad we still needed certain players every game.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
12:06, Fri 14 Feb
And didn't Dave Barnett do his cruciate ligament that night? It really was a heroic effort, considering that they'd played at Wembley just two or three days before.
The Belle of St. Trillions
12:07, Fri 14 Feb
If I remember correctly he was going to come off then we won the corner and they kept him on for it.

On such small moments a season can turn
12:08, Fri 14 Feb
Yeah that was what I meant though I explained it badly.

He got injured at Wembley and shouldn't really have played against Brentford but he did because it was massive, he scored the first goal and got another smack on the knee so he limped straight off.

Poole was ace. There was a lot wrong with Fry but that deal to swap Dave Regis with us getting Poole and Jonathan Hunt was absolute daylight robbery.