15:12, Fri 14 Feb
Have you ever lived there? Would you? Do you? What's your opinion on the place?

Any funny stories from time spent there are a bonus.
15:15, Fri 14 Feb
Never lived there but my nipper has been living in Depftord for the last 3 years and loves it, mind you he's from a one horse town in Wales so even Wolverhampton would probably seem like a teeming hotbed of hipster tosspots to him.
15:16, Fri 14 Feb
I did until two years ago. I love it - best city in the world. Unfortunately just too expensive to stay long-term. I loveed the hustle and bustle, but I can imagine after a few years it wears you down.

Funnily enough, just finished reading this about people leaving and moving to Leeds, Newcastle or Sheffield: [www.theguardian.com]
15:17, Fri 14 Feb
Never lived there, but work 1 day a week. Always a horrible commute and I couldn't deal with rush hour underground on a daily basis.

Great at weekends, would move there if I became an millionaire and could quit work.
Would love to and have been offered work there but could never afford the house costs
15:19, Fri 14 Feb
You'd need to be a multi-millionaire, I think. One wouldn't be enough!
stevenn'ponzischeme

Been here 25 years other than 3 years in the middle when I moved away. It’s ace. Do it.
15:24, Fri 14 Feb
Love visiting but the problem is that all the places I’d like to live in London I can’t afford, and all the places I can afford I wouldn’t like to live in.

Our local vicar retired there, rather than to Worthing. His logic was that there was loads to see and do, often for free, it’s warmer, great transport, great medical care etc. I can see his point, especially if you could get somewhere central, within the central line I guess would be ideal.
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
stevenn'ponzischeme

Been here 25 years other than 3 years in the middle when I moved away. It’s ace. Do it.

I really do intend to in the near future.

Living in a six bed gulag above a kebab shop in Tooting is a small price to pay for the job prospects in my field.
15:27, Fri 14 Feb
I lived in Hackney for about 15 years in a flat above an estate agents. I bought it for £35k and spent about 7 years trying to sell it but no one wanted a flat above a shop, or on a main road in Hackney, eventually managed to sell it for around £70k. I noticed a few months ago whilst piddling around on Rightmove that someone sold it last year for £500k.
15:29, Fri 14 Feb
stevenn'ponzischeme
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
stevenn'ponzischeme

I really do intend to in the near future.

Living in a six bed gulag above a kebab shop in Tooting is a small price to pay for the job prospects in my field.

Just wait until 2036 and you’ll be able to commute from Digbeth in less time than it will take from Tooting!
15:29, Fri 14 Feb
JohnP
I lived in Hackney for about 15 years in a flat above an estate agents. I bought it for £35k and spent about 7 years trying to sell it but no one wanted a flat above a shop, or on a main road in Hackney, eventually managed to sell it for around £70k. I noticed a few months ago whilst piddling around on Rightmove that someone sold it last year for £500k.

Like the bloke who passed on the Beatles or sold his Apple shares in 1981.
15:30, Fri 14 Feb
Hated it really. Rude people, too busy, too expensive, feels like everything and everyone is on top of you all the time.
Dong Ren Out.
15:31, Fri 14 Feb
LondonBlue
Hated it really. Rude people, too busy, too expensive, feels like everything and everyone is on top of you all the time.

Kill or be killed. It's fine up to point but I know what you mean.
15:32, Fri 14 Feb
To be fair it was unrecognisable from when I owned it, polished floorboards and total revamp in all rooms, but all superficial really.