10:36, Sun 16 Feb
There’s some licence there, so figuratively speaking. But Central London is the bit thus thread is referring to, no? And the general impression in the middle bit is of very few ‘Londoners’. Just walk the streets and listen. Cosmopolitan
11:14, Sun 16 Feb
Londoners wouldn’t frequent the west end anyway bc for many it’s for the tourists.

You want to meet Londoners then central London is not the place to meet them.
14:35, Sun 16 Feb
Even allowing for tourists, there aren’t many. And by Central I’d extend way beyond the ‘West End’. Barely any Londoners in the gentrified parts of East End that used to be shitholes. Hoxton, Shoreditxh, Dalston etc. Hackney invaded by out of towners paying stupid rents.
17:18, Sun 16 Feb
I had a good old day session down London on Friday. Finished up with me chundering my guts up about 1am somewhere in kings cross.

It good for a day drinking as the pubs are always busy, esp on a weekend.

Applied to some jobs down there in my early 20s, never got them then met my now Mrs not long after.

It's probably a great place to live and go out in your 20s but now I'd be wanting to move out somewhere with the young un.
17:26, Sun 16 Feb
Hated it when I lived there
For most of you up there, living in London is just a fantasy, an aspirational dream.

But don’t despair. You can make your own ‘London’ right there in Brum.

You can take elocution lessons. You can go on the escalator at the ‘Palisades’ and pretend you’re rushing for a tube to an important meeting. You can get an old debit or credit card and write Oyster on it. You can put your flat on the market for £1.2 million. There’s loads of things you can do.
20:07, Sun 16 Feb
The Pallasades? Breaking news Micky, it was bulldozed in 2012.
20:25, Sun 16 Feb
King Kong. And now this!!

Things don't seem to last very long do they?

Bulldozed? Wasn't it a new build shopping mall?

If I knew how to use that Google Street view thing I'd have a look.
04:47, Mon 17 Feb
howard road
Even allowing for tourists, there aren’t many. And by Central I’d extend way beyond the ‘West End’. Barely any Londoners in the gentrified parts of East End that used to be shitholes. Hoxton, Shoreditxh, Dalston etc. Hackney invaded by out of towners paying stupid rents.

A lot of truth there hackney as you rightly point out has seen massive gentrification which has attracted the arty farty type to the borough.

That said we still have our Irish boozers which are frequented by original cockneys in the area. We are also less than 5 miles away from Chigwell.....Where you will find it’s nearly all ex Londoners.

Enfield again not too far away and it’s full of ex Londoners. If that’s what you mean about central ldn being abandoned then again I would give you that.

I don’t do shoreditch but you won’t convince me you won’t find Londoners there. It’s the main clubbing area of ldn.
Had lived there 15 years until this week. I love it and hate it. The swell of people is a joke. A morning commute feels like warfare. And in all seriousness, I firmly believe there will be a major incident of death caused by overcrowding.

It has everything you could ever need but you need money to appreciate it (more and more each year). If you want a home then you need to move out and deal with £5k commuting costs.

On a wider level, London is a big problem for the prosperity of the UK.
09:04, Mon 17 Feb
I live just outside London, but have worked in it for more years than I can remember.

The novelty soon wears off.

I've seen all sorts.

A bloke in his pants getting dressed in to work gear.
A bloke who's shit himself squirming in his seat
A bloke with a big bushy beard and gigantic boobs working on his Mac
A big curly turd on the train platform
09:07, Mon 17 Feb
The fewer "real" cockneys, the better tbh.
10:07, Mon 17 Feb
No different from Brum is it re Chigwell reference.? Old skool Brummies all moved out to surrounding Shires?

Inner Brum invaded by all sorts. Kings Heath I hear turning arty like Hackney? Not lived in Brum for years but the Kings Heath I grew up in has changed hasn’t it? Hare and Hounds could be the Moth Club in Hackney is ex working man’s club turned arty music venue etc etc
10:12, Mon 17 Feb
Gentrification is a global trend. For all it’s criticisms, I think it’s a good thing (overall).

City living can be amazing when it’s done right.
11:00, Mon 17 Feb
Roland_Weary
Lol. Where do you live?

Dudley. Another shithole. But not half as shit as London. People who put butter on a bacon sandwich don't deserve any respect.