10:34, Sat 15 Feb
Is Croydon London? I suppose it isn't but I've always regarded my six months in the Cronx as living in London.

On the one hand, I loved the fact that not driving wasn't a handicap and that there was always something new to see, some place new to eat, or a gig to see. I think I only ever scratched the surface of things I'd like to do in London and in some ways I regret that.

On the flip side, it became very expensive because of all the stuff I could do. I lived in a house share which I hated and I had zero chance of living anywhere I wanted to on my own because of the cost of rent.

I love visiting London, and I'm nowhere near close to seeing all the things I want to there, but I think I'd want a fair chunk of change in my bank account before considering living there again.
I spent a couple of years in Wandsworth. I wasn’t too keen tbh, it got better when I was allowed a tv in my cell.
10:58, Sat 15 Feb
MSM
MSM
I’ve had some top nights out in London. I worked near Liverpool Street and any time you fancied a beer after work or had a do on, the pubs and bars were electric, any night of the week

I go to EC1 about once a month and I agree the early doors scene is great.
12:06, Sat 15 Feb
I've been on the outskirts for roughly twenty years, close to Staines. You get used to it, still miss Brum , but that's changed too. I notice more businesses leaving London now and heading North as it's just too expensive.
12:14, Sat 15 Feb
Overpopulated cesspit sold off to foreign investors, with an imported population to support a disgustingly wealthy few.

Completely disconnected from the vast majority of the UK culturally and politically.

Nice buffet in the O2 at Jimmy's World though.
12:21, Sat 15 Feb
You do understand that it is the rest of the country that is behind London culturally?
12:21, Sat 15 Feb
People from Croydon don't really consider themselves from London. They wanted city status a few years back
But it's London as anywhere on your address 'London borough of XXXXXX'
Lives on Feltham for 9 years in late 80's 90's and worked in the West end for a few years. When you are single or a couple it's great but as someone's already mentioned when you have kids unless you are in the nice areas have family network then things are different. House prices are beyond the reach of normal people in bad areas so unless you are rich so I wouldn't go back.But is great to visit as there is so much to see. When I lived there didnt do the sights explore as much as I could have which I kind of regret really.
If you are a young 'un and have the chance to work and live there don't let it pass you by....
12:27, Sat 15 Feb
Shaun of Brum
You do understand that it is the rest of the country that is behind London culturally?

And this is exactly why people don't like the "London" attitude, it's patronising and makes people feel like they're being looked down on, that's how you get Boris and Brexit. 👍
12:35, Sat 15 Feb
Such great culture, hideous knife crime and terrorism.
Dong Ren Out.
12:51, Sat 15 Feb
Yes I'm a foreigner down here alright , from B9 !
13:08, Sat 15 Feb
Yeah lived there for about 10 years. Wanstead & then Highgate. Loved the place.

When a man is tired of London he’s tired of life.
MSM
13:16, Sat 15 Feb
El Mayor
I love visiting London, and I'm nowhere near close to seeing all the things I want to there, but I think I'd want a fair chunk of change in my bank account before considering living there again.

Agree with this. Absolutely would never live in a house share again, hated it when I last did it a few years ago. Would need a load of money to think about living there
topofsnowhill.wordpress.com
13:19, Sat 15 Feb
You only get looked down upon if you have an inferiority complex built in.

London has huge upsides. Tremendous cultural opportunities, great transport links, great parks, great sports stadia and outlets to meet almost any interest in life. If you're young in years, young at heart and can afford it, spend some time there.

It is, however crazily expensive to live in, and, if it annoys you, has (for various reasons too inter connected to go into here) attracted lots of non- UK, non Western folk in to service the needs of those who live and visit there.

It also has crazy gun and knife culture, and there are certainly parts that as dangerous to visit if you're not the 'right kind of person'

But ultimately it's full of positivity and forward looking ideas - some daft, sure, so if you want to live in a Hovis advert view of Olde England, don't go within 100 miles of the place.
13:26, Sat 15 Feb
What I’ve noticed over the years is that if people come to London and embrace it, then they tend to enjoy it a great deal.

If people come to London and complain about everything then they don’t. And this thread echoes that a bit. Had to laugh at someone saying there were “too many foreigners”. London attracts the world’s very brightest and best and its diversity is its essence and strength.
13:26, Sat 15 Feb
El Mayor
Is Croydon London? I suppose it isn't but I've always regarded my six months in the Cronx as living in London.

On the one hand, I loved the fact that not driving wasn't a handicap and that there was always something new to see, some place new to eat, or a gig to see. I think I only ever scratched the surface of things I'd like to do in London and in some ways I regret that.

On the flip side, it became very expensive because of all the stuff I could do. I lived in a house share which I hated and I had zero chance of living anywhere I wanted to on my own because of the cost of rent.

Yes, definitely London.