FFS that was the first case and they were chinese nationals. just stop it. you didnt have covid-19 over christmas. you had a nasty virus.
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
11:41, Wed 25 Mar
I’ve just been shopping. It would appear that woolly scarfs loosely wrapped around people’s faces are becoming very popular ‘preventative’ measures 😁
11:44, Wed 25 Mar
Scarface
I’ve just been shopping. It would appear that woolly scarfs loosely wrapped around people’s faces are becoming very popular ‘preventative’ measures 😁

Seen loads of that along with pulling coats up over mouths.
11:50, Wed 25 Mar
Any bloke on here claiming to be a virus pioneer needs an attestation from wife/girlfriend confirming it was more than just a sniffly bit of man-flu.
masqueraiding as a intelligent person
11:51, Wed 25 Mar
Loads of people doing this, why dont they just wear a mask.That is if they haven't all sold out.
11:52, Wed 25 Mar
Loads of people doing this, why dont they just wear a mask.That is if they haven't all sold out.

Because even the masks don't work. If you can breathe through it a virus can get through it.
12:32, Wed 25 Mar
Surely a mask is better than a scarf dangling off your chin.
12:45, Wed 25 Mar
👍😂
@Bluewurst1875
12:51, Wed 25 Mar
Is wearing masks becoming a 'thing'? I saw 2 boy racer types wearing them yesterday even though they were alone in their cars.
13:11, Wed 25 Mar
A no underlying illness claim:

[news.sky.com]
13:18, Wed 25 Mar
Just saw that on another site.

Concerning development.
13:20, Wed 25 Mar
If accurate of course. Might have unaware of having something else. If it is accurate I think there'd be more cases like this over coming days
13:28, Wed 25 Mar
Scoobers
A no underlying illness claim:

[news.sky.com]
There was a caller to Jeremy Vines ch5 show this morning. Fit healthy 39yr old man with no other health issues caught covid-19 'from nowhere and nearly died. Is getting better now but the Father stressed that it is not an old persons virus. Had he not had a ventilator available then he would not be here. Still can't believe we are allowing people to travel to work on crowded public transport and work in conditions where 2m zone can't be adhered to due to the nature of their work. T
13:41, Wed 25 Mar
Scoobers
If accurate of course. Might have unaware of having something else. If it is accurate I think there'd be more cases like this over coming days

I know those Sky reports from the Italian hospitals were reporting healthy young people taking up the ventilators. The staff were having to make decisions who got them.

The BBC’s news, this morning, was reading out emails from UK residents.

Where the relatives of care home patients, were being told their relatives would not get a ventilator, if they contracted the virus. ‘Do not resuscitate’ order. I don’t know if that’s a local thing though ?
14:43, Wed 25 Mar
Bluewurst
The first case in the UK was announced on the 31st January

"The earliest documented transmission within the UK occurred on 28 February 2020; all of the cases detected previously had been infected abroad."
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.