17:32, Wed 25 Mar
Up to a maximum of £2500 of gross pay.

Apparently your employer has to tell you you’re a furloughed worker, effectively you’ve been laid off, before they can claim the money from the government.

Has anyone on here been notified that they fall into that category ?

Also, do we reckon the self employed will get a similar cap ?
17:53, Wed 25 Mar
666VAN
Up to a maximum of £2500 of gross pay.

Apparently your employer has to tell you you’re a furloughed worker, effectively you’ve been laid off, before they can claim the money from the government.

Has anyone on here been notified that they fall into that category ?

Also, do we reckon the self employed will get a similar cap ?

Yes
18:00, Wed 25 Mar
I should imagine self-employed workers would be capped at something like 80% of their earnings as per the latest tax return filed with HMRC up to to a maximum limit of £2,500 per month.

There are IT workers, lawyers, accountants, architects and all sorts who are self-employed or partners in a practice. I cannot imagine the government divvying up for their very high earnings hence the need for a cap.

I wonder if football clubs will be designating their players as furloughed so they can at least recover the first £30,000 of wages from the government effectively?
18:09, Wed 25 Mar
I think it’s only guaranteed for 3 months at present, so total of £7500, but will get extended if necessary.

Football could be awkward, I’d imagine. If you sent the player a letter, saying he’s being laid off, but you’ll pay him £2500 a month to keep him on, I’d imagine most will be looking very closely at their contracts 🙂
18:15, Wed 25 Mar
WorcsAzul
I wonder if football clubs will be designating their players as furloughed so they can at least recover the first £30,000 of wages from the government effectively?

Already happening in France where Lyon, Marseille and half a dozen other L1 clubs have their playing staff on chômage partiel (thé French system which is pretty much the identical deal) and have done for a week.

Not sure I'm entirely happy that 8€ an hour of my taxes might soon be going to PSG to subsidise Neymar's wages. The sooner they grant his wish and let him leave for Barca the better; I can't afford him 🙄
masqueraiding as a intelligent person
18:32, Wed 25 Mar
Daughter has been informed today by the pub chain she works for that she's being "furloughed".
19:14, Wed 25 Mar
Im in the process of drawing up a list if around 40 employees who i will have to have this convo with. Horribe. Work for a big company but hopefully be in a position to take them all back after
19:17, Wed 25 Mar
No one is laid off they all will be kept on the company pay roll
20:14, Wed 25 Mar
Daughter has just been told she's being kept on in her the hipster pizza joint she works in. Everyone else she works with sacked. Happy for her, gutted for the others. 2 sons in limbo. Not working, not earning, heard nowt from their employers but living in hope
20:18, Wed 25 Mar
A shit situation for everyone. Gotta hope we all come out of this better
20:23, Wed 25 Mar
Missus had phone call from her boss saying this. Probably makes sense for the company as she is the office manager so on the highest wages. Asked 3 admin staff to carry on but work from home. Might I add daughter was in school as we both come under key workers(Gas company) so quite pleased as we can now get daughter to stay at home and just leave me to take risks although I'm right on it regarding ppe, sanitizer as I'm in and out of peoples home. My company says if not happy regarding situation of job I can refuse to do it. But have said if vulnerable with no power I'll get suited and booted.
20:26, Wed 25 Mar
i have furloughed two staff already and 3 more will be. Two will kept on. The main issue as employer - you have two staff doing same job but in current climate only one person needed. Which one gets to go home and put feet up for three months ?

The rules say the role would have been made redundant if not for scheme so doesn't apply to football players as no way could you justify a redundancy.
SHA's Resident Estate Agent
20:30, Wed 25 Mar
Robert Hopkins
doesn't apply to football players as no way could you justify a redundancy.

Were you there for the Wigan game? 😉
The Belle of St. Trillions
20:53, Wed 25 Mar
We've got to lay some of our engineers off next week on the 80% scheme. The ones who will be staying will be carrying out their usual duties, visiting different sites every day, thus running a higher risk of coming into contact with the virus.

This means that they could be off on SSP while the furloughed guys are off for however long on 80%. The atmosphere is rancid at the moment and it's only going to get worse.
11:53, Thu 26 Mar
update. daughter has now been sacked. Employer said no money available until end of April and he has no money coming in to pay anyone until then.