23:44, Wed 25 Mar
I was formerly in the camp 'the season must finish' now I'm in the IDGAF camp, cancel the whole thing and we'll start again in August 2021.
23:46, Wed 25 Mar
couldn't agree more, football is trivial compared to this virus
Keeping Right On since 1981
06:59, Thu 26 Mar
I’m missing football and sport in general more than I ever heard bought I would, but, yes, fully agree.
Cowinbovril
07:15, Thu 26 Mar
No, no

Pick up whenever we can in the summer. Finish off. Couple of weeks off then start again. (With Villa in the Championship)
07:26, Thu 26 Mar
Surely the season. HAS to be concluded...otherwise - probably aside from Liverpool bring crowned Champions, given how far ahead they are - no decided outcome can be considered to be fair...
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
07:49, Thu 26 Mar
It has to be finished and delay or cancel next season.
That is by far the fairest outcome, all the other alternatives are unacceptable to some clubs so it really is the only option. Next best option after this would be to average the points over the season and promote and relegate teams on that basis.
08:22, Thu 26 Mar
finish this one and go from there.no arguments then from anybody,
08:26, Thu 26 Mar
Agree, if possible, finish this season, NEXT season if needs be, but finish it. Only way to be fair.
Next season can wait.
Whatever solution that ends up with villa relegated is fine with me
SHA's Resident Estate Agent
08:39, Thu 26 Mar
Blueboy81
couldn't agree more, football is trivial compared to this virus

That is correct, but it will still be trivial when any existing or new season does or doesn’t start.
At the end of the day football will resume so, unless you’ve got a crystal ball as to when it will, then how can you say what the best option is?
If we had to wait 12 months from now to resume, then you’d be far better finishing this season, as the timing would be perfect to start any new season the following August as usual.
You’d have just skipped a season.
08:52, Thu 26 Mar
Finish this season and play a reduced season next season. Maybe playing each championship team only once.
08:58, Thu 26 Mar
Finish this season. Only play cup games to fill in space next season. Fa Cup , League Cup, local senior Cup and also a Divisional Cup. 8 random teams given byes, then the other 16 drawn against each other to get to 16 teams in the next round 0r 8 groups of 3 top 2 qualify for the round of 16 knockouts
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
08:59, Thu 26 Mar
The latest suggestion I heard that was being floated was finish this season and then next season ditch the League Cup and possibly the FA Cup to reduce fixture congestion next season with a view to getting the season concluded at the usual time because they don't want to have to push back the already postponed Euros.

So many teams would be 'up in arms' about any decision to not complete the season from missing out on winning the Premier League to deciding who goes into Europe in the CL/ Europa League to who gets relegated/ promoted in the lower leagues it just really is easier just to finish the season whenever and then have a compressed season for 20/21 to finish at the end of April 2021.
09:00, Thu 26 Mar
Redditch Blue
If we had to wait 12 months from now to resume, then you’d be far better finishing this season, as the timing would be perfect to start any new season the following August as usual.
You’d have just skipped a season.

The problem there is that no club however rich, will pay players to sit around for a year.
Old MacDonald had a farm. EU, EU... Oh.
09:12, Thu 26 Mar
Finish this season, then adjust the start time of the next season accordingly