08:41, Sun 10 May
Dresden put entire squad in quarantine. I really think this will mean cancellation.

[www.bbc.com]
Just because my opinion differs from yours, doesn't mean mine is wrong.
08:59, Sun 10 May
Yes I think you are right.

Once they cancel in England it could be years before it settles down again, as so many clubs will end up taking court action.
Sky will want there 750 million quid back,and I would expect most fans would lose faith in the credibility of the FA and Premier League model.

I for one would NEVER restart my Skysports subscription as I would not want to watch any top level football, due to the 'self preservation' of the so called elite.

Brighton saying it cant back the neutral venues is amazing...
.they spent years ground sharing at Gillingham, and without it would have gone bust, yet now they have a 30k stadium and millions of Sky money, have forgotten the support they received in the hour of need.

This is what is wrong with the Premiership model...greed.

Because of this I would rather Brighton get relegated than Witton Historians...although both are irrelevant to the Sky model, which centres around the top 10 only.
09:02, Sun 10 May
John_Smullen
Dresden put entire squad in quarantine. I really think this will mean cancellation.

[www.bbc.com]

When I was reading this the cynic in me couldn’t help thinking
“ I wonder what position they are in in the league?”

Yep - sure enough - bottom.
Exactly why I don’t think there’ll be any more games played in this country for a good while yet.

Edit - also exactly why, if it’s decided that the season can’t be completed, that positions, including relegation etc should be decided on PPG.

I don’t know if there is anything dodgy about this or not, but the possibility/temptation cannot be discounted
09:02, Sun 10 May
If the prem are that desperate to play ASAP they should all fly over to Australia, quarantine for 14 days and then play out the rest of the season

I really can’t see it being played and finished in the UK without players getting the virus, plus we aren’t testing enough people nationally to allow prem players to have the amount of tests they require to resume the season.

This whole thing about it being a morale boost is BS to me, if I’m still not allowed to leave the house in a months time (to see a mate or go to work) then my morale is not going to change if the prem starts playing games behind closed doors.
09:07, Sun 10 May
"Dynamo sports manager Ralf Minge"

Great name!
Balding guys - filthy rich
And every one's such a son of a bitch
Countries sold, countries bought.
They're trading wars and can you tell me why not?
09:32, Sun 10 May
If closed doors football is voted in then I can actually see some or all of the bottom six either refusing and forcing it through the courts or being sneakier and disrupting things similar to what Dresden have done.

If that is the case then we should resume current season only when it is safe to return to venues and crowds which could be a long long way off. Why would Brighton care if that sends a dozen EFL teams to the wall?
10:04, Sun 10 May
Take Villa out of the equation, why do folk think the season should be completed?

Personally I am not at all bothered about the 19/20 season. It stopped at the beginning of March, it's now May, continued isolation and distancing looks to carry on into June, 22,000 people have died from the virus, 500+ per day are still dying from it, testing must be priority for key workers and people showing symptoms. Why is the Premier League completion so important? It certainly isn't for me and I can safely say it isn't for millions of others in the country.

I have resigned myself to the fact that normality will not be back until at least next summer when hopefully mass vaccination (or a cure) will be available. There'll be no holidays, maybe a smaller Christmas gathering, probably a 2nd wave and hard lockdown, no seeing family and friends for a couple of monthe at least. Meanwhile the Premier League has it's self-importance and should steamroller priority testing, risk employees health and pretend millions of people will cream themselves over it.
10:12, Sun 10 May
I don’t care if it’s not completed as long as it isn’t voided
10:14, Sun 10 May
You make very valid points.

At the end of the day, it's down to 'money' and nothing else. In the view of what is going on the the world, it really is not at all important.

The only people going to benefit from this is the lawyers.
What did the Knights in White satin?
10:16, Sun 10 May
Greebo joe
I don’t care if it’s not completed as long as it isn’t voided

Joe - genuine question. Would you care if Villa were safe from relegation? I have to admit that I wouldn't and, yes, I'm very petty. Not pretty -petty.
The Belle of St. Trillions
11:35, Sun 10 May
If they were safe from relegation i still wouldn’t want the season voided.
And i will follow with a question of my own.
Would you be ok with Norwich being saved from relegation at the expense of Liverpool being denied the title. ?
11:41, Sun 10 May
Greebo joe

Agreed. How could you deny Liverpool the title? If they do not resume the season just leave the Table as it is now. A few Clubs will be upset but as we all know you cannot please everyone.
11:46, Sun 10 May
R is back above 1 in Germany now. If there’s any more bad news across the next few days they may tighten things again and delay the restart of the football there.
11:55, Sun 10 May
Leaving Villa aside for one second what does voiding a season achieve?

There is no chance we will start a full season in front of crowds home and away in August which for me would be the only logical reason to end a 70% complete season.

Yes the desire finish the season is far more about finances that competition integrity but the football conundrum is a microcosm of the economy as a whole. There is a balance that needs to be achieved between safety and the necessity for normality. For football to wait until 2021 will be an acceptance that a fair few clubs including our own may not return and those that do outside the premier will have their best players sold for a relative pittance to pay the groundsman, rent and bank
Interest to keep going. If Brighton buy Phillips from Leeds or Norwich acquire Ferguson for half their value is that OK?

And going back to Villa, how many of them would have been comfortable with last season being nulled and voided,
11:59, Sun 10 May
Greebo joe
And i will follow with a question of my own.
Would you be ok with Norwich being saved from relegation at the expense of Liverpool being denied the title. ?

Fair enough, Joe - it really was a genuine question. Honest answer to your question? I don't really care much at the moment. The only thing that has any interest to me in the Premier League is Villa's possible relegation and even that's not of all that much concern in comparison with other stuff.
The Belle of St. Trillions