14:35, Mon 11 May
No UK sport until June at the earliest:

[www.bbc.co.uk]
16:36, Mon 11 May
Dresden put entire squad in quarantine. I really think this will mean cancellation.

[www.bbc.com]

Before I read any more of this thread or the article, I will put my house, my testicles and my hair on them being under threat of relegation
@Bluewurst1875
16:58, Mon 11 May
So the latest is 12 teams against neutral grounds 🤔
Could it be that some of these would rather not restart because under ppg they are more than happy.
17:06, Mon 11 May
Greebo joe
So the latest is 12 teams against neutral grounds 🤔
Could it be that some of these would rather not restart because under ppg they are more than happy.

If the season is finished now it's only fair that they give the broadcasters a refund and in the case of clubs it should be a full refund
18:07, Mon 11 May
Latest: FA chairman Greg Clarke told Premier League clubs today the governing body will not sanction 'no relegation' or voiding the season (as revealed in The Times last week). He also suggested the clubs plan what to do if the season cannot be completed.
18:19, Mon 11 May
Redditch Blue
Latest: FA chairman Greg Clarke told Premier League clubs today the governing body will not sanction 'no relegation' or voiding the season (as revealed in The Times last week). He also suggested the clubs plan what to do if the season cannot be completed.
I really hope that this is true. Of course I’d be lying if I didn’t admit that 90% of my motivation is getting those w*nkers relegated.
But.... it’s also morally the right thing. The season is more than 75% completed. It wouldn’t be right to not complete it, or, if that can’t happen, it wouldn’t be right not to act (relegation/promotion etc) on the results so far.
19:05, Mon 11 May
I totally agree. This argument they have that playing neutral grounds is 'not the way the rest of the season was' etc etc is a nonsense because they are in the same breath claiming they would be happy to play at Villa Park/Brighton (delete as applicable).
Either way, it would be behind closed doors which is also not how the rest of the season was played.
They've tried to be too clever and I hope the FA see through it. Every single football club in this country is facing headaches and changes to the normal because of this virus and these scumbags are totally and utterly hiding behind it as a reason to avoid the drop.
19:13, Mon 11 May
Money is the sole reason they want to complete the season.

Sky and BT rely on the premier league more so than the other way round. Cannot believe a deal could not be reached.

What motivation have say Man City and to a lesser extent Liverpool once they have a couple more points to put much into behind closed door games .

Two weeks ago they were saying neutral venues were the only way the games would be played. Now the goalposts have moved.

What happens when a player tests positive before a game?

Think the whole thing is a PR disaster for football and not helping any of the non elite clubs at all.

Whole self serving episode is tiresome.
19:53, Mon 11 May
GBBlue
MForssell9
Super Hans
I’d assume the testing would be done independently like the drug testing is?
Ok fair enough but those clubs trying to avoid relegation will find any other excuses to not get the games played (unless relegation is scrapped) it’s very clear imo what they are trying to do & its pathetic.

Notice how Brighton haven’t named the player. Probably an u-23 reserve.

health confidentiality means that they cant unless the player agrees
21:32, Mon 11 May
That is good news
What did the Knights in White satin?
21:42, Mon 11 May
17m each is 340m. Not enough
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
22:26, Mon 11 May
It's a start. Hopefully more next season
What did the Knights in White satin?
22:41, Mon 11 May
The Football Association has told the Premier League clubs that the 2019-20 season must be settled by “sporting merit”, potentially splitting the six bottom clubs over how to finish the season

[www.independent.co.uk]
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
mad
22:53, Mon 11 May
Sounds like the Prem and the EFL intend now to finish seasons at home and away venues

Not sure how feasible that is with hundreds still dying each day and infection rates stabilising now rather than falling