11:56, Thu 21 May
Yeah I agree.

From watching him play earlier in the season he's clearly not a goalscoring forward à la Hogan or Adams but he definitely has a role to play.

I'd like to see more of him out wide on the left, the run and cut back he did for Jude away at Charlton was lovely after the sublime run from Colin.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
12:00, Thu 21 May
Bela's About
Fastest player at the club in testing. He's rapid.

Seriously?

I have never seen that. Like I say - he never actually looks in much shape to me, though there could be reasons for that.

I do think he's a nice technical footballer and sometimes I do look at him and think he's got something.

The constant cry to give players another year does do my head in generally - but on him, you make a decent argument.
14:27, Thu 21 May
I like him and prefer him to Crowley
14:29, Thu 21 May
I think Crowley would be a better player with a better manager. Sunnis too
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
14:46, Thu 21 May
Yes, more than likely. It wasn't a dig at Crowley I just think Mrabti offers more in a similar position
14:49, Thu 21 May
Mrabti is a tricky one. Not so hopeless that its a no brainer but does not have great stats regarding goals and assists either. I think there will be interest from Europe when his contract expires. It will all depend on if a club is willing to offer him a decent contract. If they are I think the likelihood is that we son't compete with that.
14:53, Thu 21 May
Newbs
Yes, more than likely. It wasn't a dig at Crowley I just think Mrabti offers more in a similar position
Fair play. Mine wasn’t a dig at Mrabti either
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
15:04, Thu 21 May
Bela's About
Spike
Yep, agreed.

There's nobody there on your list who I would keep, I do like Davis in many ways - but honestly don't think you need both him and Kieftenbeld.

If we are going to improve it won't be with any of those players at the club.

The other key this summer might well be if we trouser a load of money for Bellingham, and even then we should be looking to bring in only a handful of players. Because the other mistake we have kept making is in throwing a load of quantity at the squad rather than quality.

Despite what a lot of people think and say, I honestly reckon we have several players who are good players and worthy of being in a good team at Championship level. It's about adding quality on top of that.

You wouldn't keep Mrabti? You support that bloke wanting to RELEASE him?

You'd get money for Mrabti from the continent, the lad is only young and is a good player.

We played our best football this season with him through the middle. Unfortunately Dong went off him so he was bombed.

Mrabti is exactly the sort of player I would keep in our squad. Low wages, young, potential decent resale value (he was free) and a good technical footballer.

He also has bags of pace, which we severely lack.

Shame he never back that all up in his performances, H.
Dong Ren Out.
DES
15:09, Thu 21 May
LondonBlue
Bela's About
Spike
Yep, agreed.

There's nobody there on your list who I would keep, I do like Davis in many ways - but honestly don't think you need both him and Kieftenbeld.

The other key this summer might well be if we trouser a load of money for Bellingham, and even then we should be looking to bring in only a handful of players. Because the other mistake we have kept making is in throwing a load of quantity at the squad rather than quality.

Despite what a lot of people think and say, I honestly reckon we have several players who are good players and worthy of being in a good team at Championship level. It's about adding quality on top of that.

You'd get money for Mrabti from the continent, the lad is only young and is a good player.

We played our best football this season with him through the middle. Unfortunately Dong went off him so he was bombed.

Mrabti is exactly the sort of player I would keep in our squad. Low wages, young, potential decent resale value (he was free) and a good technical footballer.

HA HA very good, I always remember someone saying what a great prospect Lakin was cos of something he did in one game at Leeds! Mbrati scored a good goal at stans apart from that they may as well just put his shirt on the pitch!
15:11, Thu 21 May
Spike
Mrabti is out of contract so you wouldn't get money for him.

And as I have said on the subsequent post, sometimes I think he looks a good player - other times he looks hopeless.

He has been a strange one, seems like he comes in - does ok, then disappears into the cupboard. Seems to pick up a lot of niggles as well - that might be linked with him not playing regularly and building up condition, there again the staff might say they can't play him regularly because he hasn't got the condition and can't hack it.

To be fair, he is one I MIGHT consider keeping depending on wages and stuff. But I am not so sold on him that I would lose sleep if he went. We need to start making sensible decisions as a club and the fans need to stop insisting that we keep giving players "another year cuz they can do a job" because we will get separation anxiety.

Edit - by the way, I think you are very wrong about Mrabti having bags of pace, I have never seen that at all.

Mrabti has an option in the club's favour, so we could get money for him
Super Hans
Rab C Nesbitt
Fat Buddha
Spike
Yep, agreed.

Our fans massively talk down our quality in comparison with other Clubs in this league.
Your point about a solid squad backed up by a smattering of capable under 23’s , whose squad is backed up by some capable under 18’s is just basic philosophy. All produced within a wage cap that suits our budget ongoing.
Something that we seemingly find impossible

Name 'em
Colin , Clarke Salter, Roberts, Pedersen, Bela, Sunjic, Bellingham, Crowley , Hogan, Jutkiewicz

👍

I’d add Kief, Dean, Gary G, McEachran & Mrabti who are solid squad players too.

It’s not a top 6 team, but it’s a damn sight better than 16th.

Exactly. Our squad should be top 10 and with a decent trailing wind near the top 6. We’ve spent vast millions on some of this lot between fees and wages. They’re not the clowns they’re made out to be by our fans.
08:47, Fri 22 May
LondonBlue
Bela's About
Spike
Yep, agreed.

He did do, repeatedly, when he was playing off Juke with actual technical footballers around him in the autumn.

Then he disappeared again, Fran buggered off and we decided we were going back to Monk's football because we needed results.
H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"

joderlos entrar en ellos!