23:24, Wed 20 May
[m.youtube.com]

Anyone know why we wore that particular kit as the internet tells me that wasn’t supposed to be our away kit that season.

It look like an offshoot of the Ansells one but I’ve seen we wore the co-op milk white and blue one that season.
08:14, Thu 21 May
Can only presume with that being the first away game of the 87/88 season that the away kit for that season wasn't ready. Change of Sponsors? Dunno but as you say that top was for 2 seasons earlier (see below).

I can't even remember noticing on the day.

[footballshirthistory.weebly.com]#
08:25, Thu 21 May
Same as previous season

Happy days

[m.youtube.com]
08:56, Thu 21 May
It was the season before the season before.

Was the grey kit still our official away kit that year? Don't think we started with a sponsor - IIRC PJ Evans came along much later in the season.

Maybe it was a superstitious thing because of the 3-0 victory previously? You could imagine Pendrey doing that.
09:14, Thu 21 May
The Co-Op sponsored kit was worn in the 86/7 season only. The link below shows PJ Evans being the sponsor for 87/8.

There are images on line showing the home kit with no sponsor so agree can only presume this deal wasn't in place at beginning of season and only the 86/7 Co-Op away shirts were available at start of season?

Was the Wheldon era he wouldn't have wanted to spend too much.

[www.historicalkits.co.uk]
09:27, Thu 21 May
There was definitely a yellow version of the first Patrick shirt they have missed there.

[www.kitclassics.co.uk]

And definitely no white adidas...
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
11:20, Thu 21 May
number8
There was definitely a yellow version of the first Patrick shirt they have missed there.

[www.kitclassics.co.uk]

We definitely had a white Adidas kit, I think it was 1980.
Home kit was traditional blue and whitee, away kit was all yellow.
We wore an all white Adidas third kit away to Shrewsbury Town, whose home kit was blue and yellow stripes
11:47, Thu 21 May
Proof please!

Welcome back Bat.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
DES
15:13, Thu 21 May
Blue are ya?
number8

[www.kitclassics.co.uk]

We wore an all white Adidas third kit away to Shrewsbury Town, whose home kit was blue and yellow stripes

If only the dearly departed Bat was here to see this! he was ripped to shreds over this claim now Blues are Ya backing him up!
Roj
15:57, Thu 21 May
DES
My thinking is that It is a piss take of villa's corked plonk and babbie's blue colours, what with it being rich beautiful red and blue and white.
16:13, Thu 21 May
DES
DES
Blue are ya?
number8

[www.kitclassics.co.uk]

If only the dearly departed Bat was here to see this! he was ripped to shreds over this claim now Blues are Ya backing him up!

I remember it clear as day. On the way to the game there were a couple of us in the car speculating about what kit we would be wearing
We wore all white with royal blue 'Adidas' stripes on the shirt and shorts Might have been the only time we wore it that season, but we definitely wore all white
DES
16:26, Thu 21 May
Blue are ya?
DES
Blue are ya?
number8

[www.kitclassics.co.uk]

I remember it clear as day. On the way to the game there were a couple of us in the car speculating about what kit we would be wearing
We wore all white with royal blue 'Adidas' stripes on the shirt and shorts Might have been the only time we wore it that season, but we definitely wore all white

So fellow posters, was Bat correct all along? if so he deserves a posthumous pardon from the site!

KRO
DES
17:02, Thu 21 May
DES
DES
Blue are ya?
DES
Blue are ya?
number8

[www.kitclassics.co.uk]

So fellow posters, was Bat correct all along? if so he deserves a posthumous pardon from the site!

KRO

Im starting to get suspicious now about this post! Blues are Ya says there was a couple of lads in the car and they were speculating about `WHAT KIT WE WOULD WEAR`Has anyone in the history of football ever actually done that?

KRO
17:15, Thu 21 May
DES
DES
DES
Blue are ya?
DES
Blue are ya?
number8

[www.kitclassics.co.uk]

KRO

Im starting to get suspicious now about this post! Blues are Ya says there was a couple of lads in the car and they were speculating about `WHAT KIT WE WOULD WEAR`Has anyone in the history of football ever actually done that?

KRO

Absolutely we did. We knew our home and away kits were blue and yellow respectively and we knew Shrewsbury were blue and yellow stripes.
17:17, Thu 21 May
DES
Miss the Bat.😁👍