08:37, Fri 22 May
MForssell9
Rab C Nesbitt
Football will return. But a lot are now embarrassed and even appalled by the money earnt in the game and the reckless spending of certain owners, and the behaviour of some people in the game. Many also realise the game isn’t as important as it likes to think.
The whole way the game works financially is ridiculous.
Life will hopefully change in many ways, football being one of them, is a wish for loads of us
Spot on πŸ‘

Absolutely πŸ‘

An interesting read, particularly surrounding the number of players whose contracts are up and the situation they facing with the possibility of caps on wages and squad sizes in the lower divisions

[www.bbc.co.uk]
08:43, Fri 22 May
Worcester Blue
MForssell9
Rab C Nesbitt
Football will return. But a lot are now embarrassed and even appalled by the money earnt in the game and the reckless spending of certain owners, and the behaviour of some people in the game. Many also realise the game isn’t as important as it likes to think.
Life will hopefully change in many ways, football being one of them, is a wish for loads of us
Spot on πŸ‘

Absolutely πŸ‘

An interesting read, particularly surrounding the number of players whose contracts are up and the situation they facing with the possibility of caps on wages and squad sizes in the lower divisions

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Caps should’ve been introduced by FIFA/UEFA when wages started spiralling. They missed the boat and once one player was on a ridiculous wage, it was too late.

Whilst this should be an eye opener, I won’t put any faith in footballing authorities to implement anything unfortunately.
09:02, Fri 22 May
If established League 1/2 players are living paycheque to paycheque then they're living way beyond their means.

A lot of the players at Bristol Rovers have mentioned to me you're potentially caught between a proverbial rock and a hard place, in a moral dilemma of do you go back because financially you need to support your family and pay your mortgage or do you stay at home because you need to protect your family's health and welfare?

Welcome to the lives of many other people then.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
10:01, Fri 22 May
Super Hans
If established League 1/2 players are living paycheque to paycheque then they're living way beyond their means.

Quite. I did think that was a strange complaint.
GBR 2020: Sepia tinted visions of a past that never really was, informing an idea of the future that was never really possible.
10:24, Fri 22 May
Super Hans

A lot of the players at Bristol Rovers have mentioned to me you're potentially caught between a proverbial rock and a hard place, in a moral dilemma of do you go back because financially you need to support your family and pay your mortgage or do you stay at home because you need to protect your family's health and welfare?

πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
STD
12:13, Fri 22 May
Worcester Blue
MForssell9
Rab C Nesbitt
Spot on πŸ‘

Absolutely πŸ‘

[www.bbc.co.uk]
Personally I hope it kills off a bit the celebrity culture. Sick and tired of stupid people becoming famous for some shitty reason
Moist
12:31, Fri 22 May
I was also there for the Swindon game and there were loads of other games where 6 or 7 k were in attendance.I seem to remember after we beat Brentford in the Leyland Daf and got to Wembley we had a league game the following Saturday with a poor attendance.Couple of months later Wembley was full with 60 to 70,000 of us.Its just how it is I guess.
I think we should forget this season regardless and hope that maybe 2021 gives us a chance to get back to normality if it’s possible.
Miss the banter with the away fans in the Gil Merrick and the days of away trips in towns and cities across the UK trying out the local beers.
12:50, Fri 22 May
Our numbers for the Tranmere Final in 91 keep growing.
In a crowd of 58,576 we now had 60-70k there
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
13:00, Fri 22 May
Yes I accept I may have over estimated the number a little
13:03, Fri 22 May
πŸ˜πŸ‘
17:59, Fri 22 May

Spot on.
19:38, Fri 22 May
Yes, there will be football when this is all over.
19:46, Fri 22 May
Most Clubs including most Premiership Clubs were spending a lot more than they should have been spending, hopefully they will now completely change but I doubt it. In a few years time this covid thing will be forgotten.
22:52, Fri 22 May
Can't see me ever going inside the ground again unless we play them. I will still be out with the chaps home and away every Saturday until I cark it though.
22:57, Fri 22 May
How's things in Mexico, if you're still there?