15:28, Fri 22 May
I've always liked Maghoma - and Grounds for that matter. Mags did get a player of the year award and Grounds was the only one worthy of it until his injury at Sheffield Wednesday under the idiot Cotterill. One of the things that Mags had at his disposal was quickness of feet and a good burst of speed from a standing start. I think it was the season before last, after an injury, that I first thought that that sharpness had waned. It's the right time for them to go, and I hope that they get fixed up.
The Belle of St. Trillions
15:28, Fri 22 May
Spike
Agreed.

Amazed they haven't announced Stockdale being up the road yet - given that they have been desperate to bin him for 2 years.

I wouldn't be surprised if they deliberately make no mention of him leaving.
GBR 2020: Sepia tinted visions of a past that never really was, informing an idea of the future that was never really possible.
15:29, Fri 22 May
Over 300 games between them. Both have been decent for us. I remember a time when Maghoma was our best player.

Not bad considering we paid nothing for either. KRO lads.
15:31, Fri 22 May
The groundsman needs his help as the heavy roller's broken.
15:35, Fri 22 May
I think he was, yeah.

It wasn't the crossing so much with me though - it was the number of times he would get it - go on a run, beat three blokes, everything would open up for him to have a shot...then he would stop and look to pass it, or wait for another defender to appear so he could lose the ball to him.

There were times he would get the shot away and it would fly in - and I would think, mate - why don't you just do that every time?

And there were times in games where he was so switched off I honestly thought he'd fallen asleep.

The game that summed Maghoma up for me, I can't remember who it was against, I want to say Bristol City but I might be wrong on that. It was a home game though. He came out with his shorts pulled up round his bollox, his shirt untucked, his socks half rolled down and wearing a headband. He looked an absolute tit.

He strolled through the warm up barely managing to keep his eyes open. He wandered out to the left wing for the kick off and spent about the first twenty minutes of the game just standing about staring into space. I was watching him, hypnotised and just getting more and more wound up by him...which isn't like me.

Eventually, at a break in play, one of the other players - might have been Craig Gardner - came across and appeared to give him a right toasting and tell him to pull his finger out of his jacksie and start looking interested. At which point it was like a switch had been flicked and he became a man possessed, steaming past people like they weren't there - chasing people and tackling them, firing crosses and shots in, he was brilliant.

I just remember thinking that it was SO Maghoma.
15:40, Fri 22 May
Both players were of their time for us - We had no money and paid crap wages. Under those conditions Grounds did a good job Maghoma IMO a better job. In the world of spaffing money on Brentford or Spanish players their time is up. I would have given Mags another year, it maybe that's what we offered and he has done a Morro and wanted two so off somewhere else.

We also don't know who is on their way in to replace him.
SHA's Resident Estate Agent
15:40, Fri 22 May
That's a good point about his shooting. He had an absolute peach of a shot on both feet but didn't shoot nearly enough.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
15:41, Fri 22 May
He did score some decent goals and fluffed some great chances.
Just hope we upgrade and not by spending shirt loads. We've seen plenty worse than both though that's for sure. Just have to make sure his replacement isn't worse. But I don't trust our scouting or recruitment policy
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
15:44, Fri 22 May
Sometimes I love the extremes on this forum.
Both have received unwarranted dogs abuse on here from some of the more hyperbolic and now it's "both good servants but time to go." In my opinion they were both alright or better for the level we have been at. As others have said, far better value than many other expensive 'could've beens'. Oh, for better owners & manager and a long term plan that builds confidence. Thought monk might be the start but a false dawn. Another football crook if reports are to be believed. Wouldn't it be good if everything that has been turned off would be reset. Too much to hope. Anyway we Kro I guess.
15:46, Fri 22 May
I was definitely a long term defender of Grounds, and Maghoma when needed.
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
It will be interesting to see what the shape of the squad is before we bring anyone in. Assuming loanees go back, Bellingham and Pedersen are sold and Stockdale, Camp, Montero released, then in terms of players with any reasonable first team experience we’ll probably be looking at

Trueman

Colin, Harding, Dean, Roberts

Crowley, Sunjic, Gardner, Kieftenbeld, McEachran, Mrabti, Bela

Juke

Lots of gaps to fill.
15:50, Fri 22 May
Rab C Nesbitt
He did score some decent goals and fluffed some great chances.
Just hope we upgrade and not by spending shirt loads. We've seen plenty worse than both though that's for sure. Just have to make sure his replacement isn't worse. But I don't trust our scouting or recruitment policy

If the recruitment is similar to last summer we should be okay, as long as it's an actual winger being brought in and not a number 10 or a 16 year old centre mid.
15:51, Fri 22 May
Could still get a left sided Giminez 😆
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
It will be interesting to see what the shape of the squad is before we bring anyone in. Assuming loanees go back, Bellingham and Pedersen are sold and Stockdale, Camp, Montero released, then in terms of players with any reasonable first team experience we’ll probably be looking at

Trueman

Colin, Harding, Dean, Roberts

Crowley, Sunjic, Gardner, Kieftenbeld, McEachran, Mrabti, Bela

Juke

Lots of gaps to fill.

That is still a very good base though.

Seddon can come in to LB and we can get Hogan in on the cheap too. Then for the love of all god spend some of the Jude/Pedersen money wisely on key areas.
15:56, Fri 22 May
Feck that let’s go spunk it on joe hart and Jordan Ibe