09:44, Mon 29 Jun
Has there been any discussion yet about when the 20/21 season will potentially start?

I haven't heard anything, but in one of the matches over the weekend the commentator and co-commentator were talking about how - as soon as this season finishes, the players will only have a couple of weeks break before they are back in to get tuned up for the new season.

Given that The Cup Final and European competitions are in August, I wouldn't have thought it could start again before about October?
09:48, Mon 29 Jun
It’s restarting on the 12th September for the Prem
09:50, Mon 29 Jun
I can see the football league starting a few weeks earlier than the PL tbh with the longer season. Also they wont be able to drag their heels too long as they have the EUROS to be ready for next summer
09:50, Mon 29 Jun
Blimey.

I'm very surprised at that, but hey ho.
09:51, Mon 29 Jun
Think Spain’s starting in September too.
10:18, Mon 29 Jun
Has anyone had or seen any indication when grassroots football seasons will potentially start? Desperate for a game!
10:31, Mon 29 Jun
OFAH
Has anyone had or seen any indication when grassroots football seasons will potentially start? Desperate for a game!
September / October restart for non-league, assume (hope) that means grassroots too
10:35, Mon 29 Jun
Spike
Blimey.

Believe it will be mid September for the efl.

No word on when crowds will be allowed, last I heard was January but that was a month or so ago and much has changed
10:36, Mon 29 Jun
El Mayor
Spike
Blimey.

Believe it will be mid September for the efl.

No word on when crowds will be allowed, last I heard was January but that was a month or so ago and much has changed

Rumor has it reduced capacity could be much sooner. 20-30% or something.
10:37, Mon 29 Jun
Oh Christ, its bad enough when get some away allocations, can you imagine the bitching that will be on here if only a third of the crowd can attend?!
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
10:40, Mon 29 Jun
That’s good to hear, our manager says the league are planning for Sept as normal but have saw nothing.

Be interesting to see what the club do with season tickets etc.
11:02, Mon 29 Jun
They've just had a mega long break, most clubs are playing as if in friendlies and loads of players have simply said eff it, I'm not playing. I don't see why any kind of lengthy break should be needed.
11:15, Mon 29 Jun
Brad1875
It’s restarting on the 12th September for the Prem

That really doesn't give much time for the promoted clubs, especially the one that goes up via the Play Offs.
11:18, Mon 29 Jun
Interesting to see. IMO i think we can imagine end of September. Brings in the question of attendances. In France they will allow max 5,000 per game upto December. So I think it will be some kind of ballot for tickets for Blues. However this will be a nightmare for Season Ticket holders. Have Blues started selling season tickets for next season? I think not! Maybe they are waiting for the guidelines.
11:21, Mon 29 Jun
Fat Buddha
They've just had a mega long break, most clubs are playing as if in friendlies and loads of players have simply said eff it, I'm not playing. I don't see why any kind of lengthy break should be needed.

This.

Just as Lockdown started, schools were shut, I didn't do owt for 2 or 3 weeks. Things settled a little and we started the facility to have online lessons. I did about 2 weeks of teaching, and it was Easter. Most of my colleagues had the Easter break, but I taught the kids who had signed up. Why? Because I'd just had 3 weeks off! I didn't need another 2!!!