07:30, Thu 23 Jul
Well, thank goodness that's over....but, to keep you entertained while we appoint a brilliant new manager and use the Jude money wisely, my new book about supporting Blues, Hugging Strangers, is out now.

There's a link to a preview at the end of this message and at the end of the preview, there are links to various booksellers.

It's written for love not money, so all proceeds from royalties will be donated to the Geoff Horsfield Trust

Hope you enjoy it. If you do, put others on to it and give it a few stars on the online reviews.

KRO

[findmyfavouritegame.wordpress.com]
07:34, Thu 23 Jul
If nothing else it's a great title...we've all done it.
07:40, Thu 23 Jul
Thanks - but maybe not a title for a socially distanced age! But I do hope it's more than that :-)
DES
09:51, Thu 23 Jul
JonB
Well, thank goodness that's over....but, to keep you entertained while we appoint a brilliant new manager and use the Jude money wisely, my new book about supporting Blues, Hugging Strangers, is out now.

There's a link to a preview at the end of this message and at the end of the preview, there are links to various booksellers.

It's written for love not money, so all proceeds from royalties will be donated to the Geoff Horsfield Trust

Hope you enjoy it. If you do, put others on to it and give it a few stars on the online reviews.

KRO

Just read then intro it sounds great! Ashton Gate 2017, great bday out Arry singing KRO!

Loved it!
09:55, Thu 23 Jul
Looks good
09:56, Thu 23 Jul
I can recommend the book, almost guaranteed you've been at one of the games in it.
10:13, Thu 23 Jul
First time I remember this happening was Hillsborough 1975, Joe Gallagher's goal. Feels like yesterday!
11:41, Thu 23 Jul
JonB

KRO

Just bought it mate. Fair play for donating profits to The Geoff Horsfield Foundation.
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
11:53, Thu 23 Jul
I'll buy that Jon, add it to my Blues library.

One of the best memories I had was me and my late Dad at Cardiff in 2002 hugging just about anyone who wanted to be hugged! Great days.
KC
11:56, Thu 23 Jul
Really look forward to reading your book. Dont know how far you go back in the book as you are a bit younger than me but it sounds fascinating and a brilliant title.
12:04, Thu 23 Jul
Ordered. If it's as well written as the intro it'll be a pleasure to read.
13:58, Thu 23 Jul
Thanks for all the support - appreciated.

In terms of how far back it goes, my first game was December 28th 1963 (lost 4-1 to the Arsenal as you're asking). The book went to print in February, just when we were looking half-decent and, of course, prior to the pandemic! I've actually written in the foreword that anyone who thought we couldn't go down from the position we were in hadn't been paying attention.

Pretty well all the big games since are in there, but I've made it clear that someone will think I'm a bloody fool for omitting something or somebody. All about opinions, as they say!

Hope it doesn't disappoint.

14:14, Thu 23 Jul
Thanks for all the support - appreciated.

In terms of how far back it goes, my first game was December 28th 1963 (lost 4-1 to the Arsenal as you're asking). The book went to print in February, just when we were looking half-decent and, of course, prior to the pandemic! I've actually written in the foreword that anyone who thought we couldn't go down from the position we were in hadn't been paying attention.

Pretty well all the big games since are in there, but I've made it clear that someone will think I'm a bloody fool for omitting something or somebody. All about opinions, as they say!

Hope it doesn't disappoint.

I also read regularly read your other (non-football) blog and enjoy that too ... so will also be placing an order.
14:20, Thu 23 Jul
Pre-ordered 👍
H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"

joderlos entrar en ellos!
14:23, Thu 23 Jul
Jon, that looks great - in fact, the foreword is good enough to pay to read.

I've ordered three copies, one for me, the other two for long-suffering season ticket holders for many years - and well done for supporting such a worthwhile cause.
The Belle of St. Trillions