19:51, Thu 30 Jul
Don’t think I’ve ever trusted a player more than I trusted Carr and Ferguson

Never really had an off day, just the same every week, completely composed on the ball. First touch immaculate. Just pure quality
19:59, Thu 30 Jul
Nightporter1
Nah it wasnt him, the one im thinking about was quite stocky, liked a tackle.
. Gary Poole ?
20:06, Thu 30 Jul
Le Mod

Never really had an off day, just the same every week, completely composed on the ball. First touch immaculate. Just pure quality
Absolutely mate
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
DES
20:54, Thu 30 Jul
Rab C Nesbitt
Le Mod

Absolutely mate

Of their type, Right back and defensive midfielder, The best ever in Blues shirts, I loved watching that team of Mcleish`s up to March 2011, never felt prouder of a team representing my Club, My City!
Loved the style of play and they way they competed against the great and good!

KRO
21:44, Thu 30 Jul
I'd go for Langan too, although he had the advantage of playing in a team who's attacking style suited him. Carr may have have looked just as good in that 1980/81 team under Jim Smith. Looking back it seems crazy how quickly it all went wrong in the 80's.
06:59, Fri 31 Jul
Fat Buddha
Langan, absolutely no question...sleek jag v powerful SUV.

This.
Dave Langan was absolute quality - week in week out he delivered Man of the Match levels.
Mr Reliable , rarely at fault and always prompting Blues attacks with intelligence.
I always thought he was a quiet bloke and a great servant for Blues.
Stevie Carr was a different character. A leader , swashbuckling and a really good footballer.
He made the game look easy on the ball and a fierce competitor when defending.
He played with a smile and that was infectious.
Both tremendous full backs and Carr did it at higher levels for longer.
Many have preferred Dave Langan......
For me it's a lot closer in terms of who was the better player.
Carr led us to beat Arsenal and played in Europe with us.
Plus that day at vile pork telling the mongrels exactly what they are will
live long in the memory.
... how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost, but now I am found,
Was blind, but now I see.
DES
08:28, Fri 31 Jul
Good summing up General,

Love the words on your footer, that Hymn was written by an ex slave trader I’ve been told.

I have great difficulty picking my all time fave Blues team as so many players I couldn’t leave out, but absolutely no doubt about right back and skipper mr Stephen ‘LEAD BY EXAMPLE Carr!

Kro
09:06, Fri 31 Jul
DES
Yes Des.
A slave trader who eventually realised that black lives do matter and changed his life through religion ( it did take more time than it should).
But here we are 300 years on and still pockets of resistance to change persist everywhere.
Sad !
... how sweet the sound
My top 3...
1. Langan
2. Carr
3. Rowett.
09:40, Fri 31 Jul
Yes that’s a good summary but Langan suffered with injuries hence the reason he didn’t play as often as Carr.

Oxford United won a cup and played in Europe all with Dave Langan.
10:14, Fri 31 Jul
Clapton
Yes that’s a good summary but Langan suffered with injuries hence the reason he didn’t play as often as Carr.

Oxford United won a cup and played in Europe all with Dave Langan.

Carr’s knee was fekked and he joined us coming out of retirement through injury. He payed in a good Spurs outfit and Newcastle winning stuff .
It’s sad that Langan is now registered disabled and I doubt he’s living as a millionaire unlike today’s players in the top 2 divisions.
I’m just glad I saw both turning out for The Mighty Blue Machine - it was a pleasure !
... how sweet the sound
10:17, Fri 31 Jul
Langan, without a doubt.
14:15, Fri 31 Jul
Nightporter1
We have had some good full backs over the years, I used to like the one Fry bought from Southend I think,
he wasn't in the same league as some of our better fullbacks but I thought he was underrated, that underrated I cant
remember his name!

Gary Poole?
15:09, Fri 31 Jul
Bluesince62
My top 3...
1. Langan
2. Carr
3. Rowett.

Jeff Kenna?
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.