11:07, Fri 31 Jul
Has finally arrived and Barnsley get to speak at it as well

[www.skysports.com]

Not sure when we find out as it says this.

"The commission's judgement will be reserved, so Wigan will have to wait to learn their fate."
Turn left when you get on a plane.
11:12, Fri 31 Jul
Like Sheffield Wednesday's decision there's clearly no rush. I mean next season is 6 weeks away
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
11:19, Fri 31 Jul
'The regulations state that a force majeure event must be "caused by and resulted directly from circumstances....over which the club could not reasonably be expected to have control and its officials had used all due diligence to avoid happening".

They've got no chance
11:25, Fri 31 Jul
Can’t see it being overturned, but I’m just glad we are not the ones sweating on this.
11:42, Fri 31 Jul
Not a hope, it was just a gamble, shit or bust from the start.
11:44, Fri 31 Jul
It'd be funny if Wigan got off just to see the Barnsley chairman having a meltdown
Jim
11:50, Fri 31 Jul

A long shot at best.

And a very expensive gamble that could be described as reckless on the part of the administrators whose decision it was to go ahead with this highly speculative appeal.

I would not be surprised if they were to be held accountable by the creditors if they have wasted half a million on an unsuccessful appeal.
11:55, Fri 31 Jul
bluepeter
Can’t see it being overturned, but I’m just glad we are not the ones sweating on this.

Although the circumstances are different, I doubt we’d have received such an outpouring of support had we been relegated last season because of our punishment.
@stevanderman
13:11, Fri 31 Jul
Jim
Jim

A long shot at best.

And a very expensive gamble that could be described as reckless on the part of the administrators whose decision it was to go ahead with this highly speculative appeal.

I would not be surprised if they were to be held accountable by the creditors if they have wasted half a million on an unsuccessful appeal.

They will have had permission from the creditors or have taken legal advice to the effect that they re required to pursue the appeal. No way will the administrator have done anything without cover. He is personally liable if he messes up. So arses will be covered.
13:46, Fri 31 Jul
If there is a rabbit in the hat, it'd have to be a bloody big one re these gambling rumours.
17:15, Fri 31 Jul
Jim
Jim

A long shot at best.

Half a million quid 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Where did you get that from ??
... how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost, but now I am found,
Was blind, but now I see.
Jim
17:17, Fri 31 Jul
Widely reported earlier this week as being the bill for both sides' legal costs.
17:17, Fri 31 Jul
generalBlue

The administrators/receivers themselves?
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
DES
20:51, Fri 31 Jul
generalBlue
Jim

A long shot at best.

General, very hard to sue administrators, they just have to have a reason for their actions!

Kro
21:15, Fri 31 Jul
DES
So people reckon an appeal to a 3 man ‘ committee ‘ is costing half a million quid

Behave !!
... how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost, but now I am found,
Was blind, but now I see.