18:40, Fri 31 Jul
I shall be celebrating with a few San Miguals tonight.
18:43, Fri 31 Jul
Well done Dong/TTA , best of luck AK. Should stop us shipping 3 a game at least.
18:47, Fri 31 Jul
jefflynneshair
I'm giving it six months.

Doubted the appointment
Now doubting the longevity
Does my head in !!
... how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost, but now I am found,
Was blind, but now I see.
18:50, Fri 31 Jul
Great news, welcome Aitor.

He needs at least 2 years in my opinion, he needs patience from the "board" but also from the fans, because we may not start the season well, especially with the amount of players we need to get in, he needs time, something the club, for many reasons, has failed to give managers recently.
18:52, Fri 31 Jul
Best appointment we could have got. The way we have treated and sacked managers we hardly had a queue of top managers wanting to join us. A thumbs up from me.
18:53, Fri 31 Jul
NeilM

He needs at least 2 years in my opinion, he needs patience from the "board" but also from the fans, because we may not start the season well, especially with the amount of players we need to get in, he needs time, something the club, for many reasons, has failed to give managers recently.

If we are not 10 points clear at the top after 5 games, it will be Kawanka out from some on here!!
18:54, Fri 31 Jul
Waggeh
Mario Melchiot
This appointment will end up with him walking out after 6 months or promotion within 2 years.

That's the spirit 👍🏻

Can’t understand that shit !!
... how sweet the sound
18:55, Fri 31 Jul
If you look at his first Boro season, there were spells where they struggled. He started reasonably well but then changed to 4231 and they didn't score for 7 games. He slowly improved them and then ended up winning 6 out of the last 8 games.

In his first season, there will be spells of poor results but he's shown he can turn things around and get a team winning matches if given the time. As you said, he needs a full 2 seasons without Dong's tactical input and I think we'll be in the top half fighting for promotion.
18:57, Fri 31 Jul
rocksteddie
NeilM

If we are not 10 points clear at the top after 5 games, it will be Kawanka out from some on

Some have just poor opinion of Blues
... how sweet the sound
Ding Dong....Let's back the guy, make him welcome, trust him, there will be highs & Lows,this is Blues when all is said and done ! Joys & sorrows too !! But please BCFC you've employed him ...leave him to it ,dont interfere.
God
I wonder if Dong will now keep the feck away from Wast Hills
Keeping Right On since 1981
Move for former Middlesbrough manager had been in doubtKaranka is clubs sixth manager in three and a half yearsAitor Karanka has been appointed as Birminghams head coach on a three-year deal. The Spaniard, previously in charge of Middlesbrough and Nottingham Forest, is the clubs sixth permanent mana

[www.theguardian.com]
Aitor Karanka has been appointed the new head coach at Birmingham City, signing a three-year contract.

[www.skysports.com]
Birmingham City news: Keep up to date with all the latest developments as Blues announce Aitor Karanka appointment

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
19:03, Fri 31 Jul
generalBlue
Waggeh
Mario Melchiot
This appointment will end up with him walking out after 6 months or promotion within 2 years.

That's the spirit 👍🏻

Can’t understand that shit !!
Agreed. Tome to unite with positivity,
A pretty blank canvas squad wise. Build year on year sensibly.
Up the Blues
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”