20:27, Fri 31 Jul
Bluesince62
Haven’t got a clue about what formation he likes to play. Only know where he finished with Middlesbrough and forest. He wouldn’t be my choice but I wish him all the luck in the world... cos he’s going to need it!

Kin ell - don't get too excited 🙄

I’ll lie if you want me to but isn’t this what a forum is for? You say what you think don’t you? I have said previously I would have preferred cook and I’ll stivk with that but my god I hope I’m totally wrong and this guy turns us around
20:28, Fri 31 Jul
Aitor Karanka, Aitor Karanka
He managed the Boro
He managed the Forest
His sombrero's feckin massive
20:28, Fri 31 Jul
Fair 👍
20:30, Fri 31 Jul
Stan Drews
After having a season ticket for 48 years on the trot with our lot I was going to pack it all in. My missus who I've been with for over 33 years was welcoming this decision. After today's announcement I'm gonna get me ticket renewed. Proper manager imo. KRO. SOTV.

Keep right on to the end of the marriage 😉
20:47, Fri 31 Jul
It might not be pretty maybe abit boreing in style but effective and professional.Karanka is abit like George Graham in style and he won the league with Arsenal.Im looking forward to it and if we can keep a reasonable manager for 3 years then we will be alot better for it as a team and a club.KRO
Sipping at a celebratory pint here. Karanka is a fantastic appointment for us. Listening to the podcast with Guillem Balague and you get a sense of the man and what he can bring to the club.

Let’s get behind him and recognise the direction that has been signalled by all involved in convincing him that we can be a club that he can push forward to better times.
21:50, Fri 31 Jul
generalBlue
Waggeh
Mario Melchiot
This appointment will end up with him walking out after 6 months or promotion within 2 years.

That's the spirit 👍🏻

Can’t understand that shit !!

It’s a good appointment, but as many of us on here have been saying for a long time, there are so many fundamental problems at the club which need to be addressed before we can sure we are going in the right direction. Dong still has to go before we can move on, regardless of how good the new, or any, manager may be. I will support the new man and the team, but remain unconfident that the club is going anywhere with its current leadership at Board level. So I completely understand that comment.
21:59, Fri 31 Jul
Just as equally, the only managers they appointed they felt they could trust were crap and the good ones were bad uns when it came to the fan meeting the proverbial. They were turned over and done up like kippers when they trusted "The British Footballing Establishment" so it works both ways. Hopefully, in Karanka, they have found someone who will not take any crap at the same time as not looking for jobs elsewhere or trying to cash in our home grown talent.
She's playing with fire, he''s not ready for nibbly pig...
The Guardian
Move for former Middlesbrough manager had been in doubtKaranka is clubs sixth manager in three and a half yearsAitor Karanka has been appointed as Birminghams head coach on a three-year deal. The Spaniard, previously in charge of Middlesbrough and Nottingham Forest, is the clubs sixth permanent mana

[www.theguardian.com]

Anybody that thinks all our problems are now solved by this appointment or that the board are suddenly superstars for this just needs to read this piece. Turned down by Hughton and Jakanovic. Karanka nearly didn’t bother because we weren’t prepared to give him greater control over transfers. No control over transfers is why Rowett, Harry and Monk all ultimately left it seems to me. I know some on here say a head coach with a director of football is the new way of doing things with the head coach having less control but clearly all these managers wanted and should have been given more control. Clearly at Blues others are not prepared to let go of control to the manager for whatever reason, but those individuals have hardly done a good job and are clearly not trusted by proper managers. I just hope Karanka digs his heels in and doesn’t let Dong, or Speakman, or whoever try and wrest control of transfers off him.
22:05, Fri 31 Jul
I disagree to a certain extent.We were all expecting a guy who we’d be the puppy for the board and do what they want.This guy is not that and does not suffer fools at all judging by his past record.I never imagined that we as a club would be able to appoint a real quality manager.Lets give the board some respite from criticism and get behind their appointment..This guy has played for Real Madrid and is well respected throughout world
Football and despite whatever thoughts we may have for the owners they have got us a brilliant opportunity to improve our club.Dong has been slagged off quite rightly but we the fans now have a manager who will represent our club we can be proud of KRO
22:05, Fri 31 Jul
first and foremost we need to keep a manager in place for a decent period of time. there has been to much chopping and changing the last few years and surprise surprise the club goes backwards.

Uless someone is a mug and I don't think this guy is, given time hey will make progress. Trouble is patience is not common nowadays especially in football we need to build.

Every defeat seems to awaken the doom merchants but things ain't going to become wonderful overnight.

Good Luck Aitor, luck always helps.
God
22:08, Fri 31 Jul
Stan Drews
After having a season ticket for 48 years on the trot with our lot I was going to pack it all in. My missus who I've been with for over 33 years was welcoming this decision. After today's announcement I'm gonna get me ticket renewed. Proper manager imo. KRO. SOTV.

This is rousing to read. Nobody tell Stan he is Head Coach.
Promoted again.
22:08, Fri 31 Jul
I’ve said for a while that the best manager is someone who can tell Dong to eff off without it starting an argument; someone with the force of personality to make Dong naturally back off and let them get on with the football side of things.

I’m happy we have got Karanka cos he could be that person.
And you'd be completely wrong and I suggest you try stepping into the 21 century were very very few coaches now have any real say over recruitment. "Oh we should be like Brentford"...Yeah, right, where the manager is literally given a squad and told to work with them and has virtually no input on that side of the club.

Rowett refused to give assurances to the owners that, if he was given serious money he wouldn't just leave. Monk was a very naughty boy and had to go to protect the club's assets, its players.
She's playing with fire, he''s not ready for nibbly pig...
22:11, Fri 31 Jul
Walsall 1875
I disagree to a certain extent.We were all expecting a guy who we’d be the puppy for the board and do what they want.This guy is not that and does not suffer fools at all judging by his past record.I never imagined that we as a club would be able to appoint a real quality manager.Lets give the board some respite from criticism and get behind their appointment..This guy has played for Real Madrid and is well respected throughout world
Football and despite whatever thoughts we may have for the owners they have got us a brilliant opportunity to improve our club.Dong has been slagged off quite rightly but we the fans now have a manager who will represent our club we can be proud of KRO

Agree with this.

Karanka won’t have full reign on transfers (nor should he) but I think it’s daft to suggest he won’t have a say.

He’s not a Pep Clotet who’s just happy as a pig in the brown stuff to be playing the head coach, Karanka would not have signed up if his conditions weren’t met to a satisfactory level,

Time will tell of course.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.