14:13, Sat 1 Aug
Only argument they can put up is the season would have been over a good while ago. 🤷
14:15, Sat 1 Aug
So Wigan should stay up ?
😉
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
14:32, Sat 1 Aug
Actually the best scenario for us now is that they hold over all penalties to next season so Hull, Barnsley and Charlton go down and Wigan, Sheffield Weds and Derby all start on -12 at least next season.

The explosion from Barnsley would be worth seeing.
15:07, Sat 1 Aug
On a purely personal note, I hope Derby do get done, work that way and to a man the Derby fans at work don't think they'll get done because they reckon that Mel Morris is so clever he'll tie the EFL up in knots. They really are an arrogant bunch of fans, quite similar to other fans we know.
17:24, Sat 1 Aug
Camlan
Actually the best scenario for us now is that they hold over all penalties to next season so Hull, Barnsley and Charlton go down and Wigan, Sheffield Weds and Derby all start on -12 at least next season.

The explosion from Barnsley would be worth seeing.

But they can't as Wigan have already been deducted in line with the rules. Only if their appeal was successful could they stay up (with either a lesser points deduction or none) and that would already be applied this season (as it has been).

Charlton can threaten legal action all they want, efl have not broken any rules/policies with when the points will be deducted. For going into admin, automatic points deduction in the same season. For breaching FFP, punishment and when it will be applied is decided by the "independent" panel.

Who would they take legal action against? Efl who have followed their rules or the "independent" panel?

Yes the rules aren't fair and that needs looking into but the correct legal result will likely be, Wigan have been punished this season (pending appeal) and are going down. Sheffield Wednesday will be punished next season as decided by the panel (unless they appeal then it could change to this season maybe? So I doubt they will risk it) and Derby will probably be dragged out until the season has started so they can see what the fallout from the other desisions/appeals etc are first...
10:27, Sun 2 Aug
Now we are not involved lets hope it all drags on and on preventing other clubs making financial decisions based on what league they will be in.

FWIW I dont think anything will change. Wigan Charlton Hull Down. Sheff wed start new season -12. Derby get done early next season.
Turn left when you get on a plane.
10:03, Mon 3 Aug
Derby won't get done. It sounds like the EFL don't have a case.
H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"

joderlos entrar en ellos!
10:14, Mon 3 Aug
Bluesince62
On a purely personal note, I hope Derby do get done, work that way and to a man the Derby fans at work don't think they'll get done because they reckon that Mel Morris is so clever he'll tie the EFL up in knots. They really are an arrogant bunch of fans, quite similar to other fans we know.
To counter this, I work with a few Derby fans and they're expecting the worst, decent bunch as well tbf to them... much more tolerable than Forest & Leicester fans.
10:24, Mon 3 Aug
Good illustration of why it's wrong to generalise there, dead opposite at my place. Forest lot are down to earth and decent, Derby lot arrogant. Strange init.
10:34, Mon 3 Aug
Bluesince62
Good illustration of why it's wrong to generalise there, dead opposite at my place. Forest lot are down to earth and decent, Derby lot arrogant. Strange init.
The East Midlands is a strange place in general tbf
10:43, Mon 3 Aug
I regularly come into contact with fans of all three clubs.

There are good and bad amongst Forest and Leicester supporters.

The Derby fans, however, are deluded and arrogant. God knows why!

Remind me of Villa and Newcastle fans.
10:49, Mon 3 Aug
Sounds like I’ve got lucky with the ones I’ve met then
10:52, Mon 3 Aug
It's important for us not to generalise

They are all freaks
10:54, Mon 3 Aug
You must be! the ones I know have the same 'but we're Derby County' attitude that vilers have about vile, they seem to think just because they were good in the 70's they should be in the top 6 of the prem now - weird bunch!
Jim
13:23, Mon 3 Aug
Derby won't get done. It sounds like the EFL don't have a case.

Seems like months since we discussed this.

As well as the vastly over-inflated price they booked for the stadium sale, they have allegedly cooked the books with regard to player valuation and the subsequent nett spend on transfers.

The proper way to account for transfers involves spreading the fee across the contracted number of years: so if you sign player A for £15m on a 5-year contract, you should account for that as £3m per annum. What Derby decided to do was then ascribe a notional residual value to the out-of-contract player, even though the player becomes a free agent with zero transfer value to Derby.

So if you claim player A would be worth £10m at the end of the 5-year contract, if you're Derby County you claim that the transfer cost is only £5m over 5 years ie £1m pa