mad
19:22, Fri 31 Jul
Can the EFL still appeal?

Presumably the -12 is for breaching the 39m 3 year rolling limit by more than 15m?

So no aggravating circumstances additional penalty like what we had?

Ours was -7 for the breach, +1 for fessing up & -3 for seriously aggravating situation = -9

Wonder why? I thought they'd been under transfer embargoes for a couple of seasons
19:25, Fri 31 Jul
mad
I assume the reason it’s applied next season is because they anticipate SW will appeal the decision.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
19:26, Fri 31 Jul
mad
Yes, both Sheffield Wednesday and the EFL have 14 days to appeal.

I fully expect the EFL to appeal as the punishment seems a bit light, was surprised they weren't deducted 15 points personally.
19:28, Fri 31 Jul
Super Hans
I assume the reason it’s applied next season is because they anticipate SW will appeal the decision.
They were charged months back. Should have all been sorted by April, including appeal
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
19:28, Fri 31 Jul
mad
They breached rules by including the sale of their Hillsborough Stadium home in their 2017-18 accounts despite the ground being sold a year later.

However, they were found not guilty of "breaching its duty of utmost good faith to the EFL by deliberately concealing information".

If Prince Andrew needs a new solicitor...
19:35, Fri 31 Jul
Before we wanted it last season, but now stayed up it's good news its next.
Derby the same scenario

If those clubs are in for same players as us, we are now a much better option

Plus quality manager in charge

Excellent Friday this
19:39, Fri 31 Jul
I understand why Wigan's deduction was this season, but I can't see how Wednesday's deduction being three seasons after the event makes any sense.
GBR 2020: Sepia tinted visions of a past that never really was, informing an idea of the future that was never really possible.
19:47, Fri 31 Jul
Charged in Nov 2019

Points deduction applied in the 2020/21 season

Errrr
19:49, Fri 31 Jul
Rasputin
I understand why Wigan's deduction was this season, but I can't see how Wednesday's deduction being three seasons after the event makes any sense.

All about timing, they bottled it a couple of weeks ago as knew Sheff Wed would be down because of it.
Works out better for us now
19:50, Fri 31 Jul
Better for me would be them relegated
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
19:50, Fri 31 Jul
mad
mad
Can the EFL still appeal?

Presumably the -12 is for breaching the 39m 3 year rolling limit by more than 15m?

So no aggravating circumstances additional penalty like what we had?

Ours was -7 for the breach, +1 for fessing up & -3 for seriously aggravating situation = -9

Wonder why? I thought they'd been under transfer embargoes for a couple of seasons

I reckon theirs will be 9 for the breach amount had the stadium been booked in the right season, and 3 for lying about it
19:52, Fri 31 Jul
poor old Garry Monk, what a shame 😂
19:56, Fri 31 Jul
Twelve points is only 4 wins. They'll be ahead of us by October.
19:59, Fri 31 Jul
Tiltonblue
Bet Wigan aren’t too happy either

Wigan have nothing to gripe about... sanctions for totally different reasons. Timing for points on administration is set in stone.
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
20:06, Fri 31 Jul
Rab C Nesbitt
Ridiculous decision.
Get them relegated.
The only good news from it is, people can’t say we’re the only team that will ever be punished any more.

H has a charity donation to make. 😂