21:36, Fri 31 Jul
After some advice please if possible......We had a member in the club today who had been in contact with someone who had tested positive ...as soon as it was found out he was asked to leave the club and we also asked everyone else to leave the club ....the club was given a thorough clean down ...they have been told that the club needs to close for 24 hours ...what they don't know is if the member who made contact with the positive person himself has the virus...we believe he has been tested and will receive his result on Sunday...so what can/should the club do ... it's all very confusing .....and yes the member in question is a twunt and has had his membership suspended for 2 weeks enough to self isolate properly this time....
21:43, Fri 31 Jul
Take his membership off him permanently.
As for the rest not sure. Should everyone who came into contact with the member self isolate and ask for a test?
Or self isolate until he gets his result?
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
21:54, Fri 31 Jul
Rab C Nesbitt
As for the rest not sure. Should everyone who came into contact with the member self isolate and ask for a test?

the first one is a given....the other 2 I haven't got a fecking clue
21:57, Fri 31 Jul
Ray Mac
Rab C Nesbitt

the first one is a given....the other 2 I haven't got a fecking clue
😁
I’ve had a few beers and thinking about it has hurt my head
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
23:16, Fri 31 Jul
I don't know, but I saw this when I googled it -

[www.nhs.uk]

The only advice I can find relates to 'if you've been in contact with someone who has corona virus', but not 'if you've been in contact with someone who has been in contact with someone who has corona virus'.

So my advice/assumption would be to -

a) make it clear to the person that you need to know the honest outcome of their test ASAP

b) once you have the result, if the person has the virus then follow the advice at the link and tell everyone who came into contact with the person they need to isolate and read the advice

c) in the meantime you/they should all try to be careful and not put anyone vulnerable at risk and isolate as much as possible

I'm not a medical professional and this is just my opinion, for what it's worth.
08:04, Sat 1 Aug
Some light reading for you...

[www.gov.uk]
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
08:19, Sat 1 Aug
Our policy at the rugby club ( I am one of the Covid compliance officers ) would be anyone in contact with the member should self isolate and get tested in 4 days.
14:47, Sat 1 Aug
Ok..thanks for all the replies....we had a committee meeting this morning and it became quite clear that there had been a drunken misunderstanding...a member came in the club and told someone that a person on the building site he was working on had tested positive for covid....the member had no contact with this person as he worked for another company somewhere else on site...the person he told then told the bar staff that he had been in contact with covid positive person and then club was closed and everyone was asked to leave the club....so nothing really happened other than a false alarm.....
18:49, Sat 1 Aug
Ray Mac
so nothing really happened other than a false alarm.....

Well. at least the club is nice and clean now 😉
22:08, Mon 3 Aug
The person in question had a second test and tested negative... Thanks all
We was talking about your story and it lead us to talk about the potential for company espionage and wondering what could be done to counter act such a possibility. What's stopping an employee of McDonald's heading into Burger King and feigning covid symptoms or saying they'd been in contact with someone who has it and moving around several branches?? The cost could be shocking!
Their uniform would give them away!