09:07, Sat 1 Aug
Welcome to this West Midlands Railway Service for Birmingham Snow Hill. We are now approaching Smethwick Galton Bridge, change at JD Sports for services to Wolverhampton
10:40, Sat 1 Aug
My Father in laws quote ....' 2 of the most powerful things on earth are c@@@s and gunpowder' .
10:46, Sat 1 Aug
My quote didn't go down well then.....
11:29, Sat 1 Aug
"Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier." -Mother Teresa
11:36, Sat 1 Aug
I use my favourite quote as my signature. (I stole it from somewhere)
It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask for permission.
DES
11:42, Sat 1 Aug
jeffwealands
All of us are in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars
I’ve quoted that on here a few times, suns up Blues fans like me battered and bruised by constant disappointment, but still dreaming of success.
Less eloquent but on the same theme..
WHERE THERE IS, THERE’S HOPE!

Kro
11:46, Sat 1 Aug
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
13:25, Sat 1 Aug
Chinese proverb - 'The journey is the reward.'

From the wall in my gym - 'There is no glory in training but without training there can be no glory.' Sugar Ray Leonard

'The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.' Bob Marley

'The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.' Charles Bukowski
14:12, Sat 1 Aug
You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
Part of a longer speech by William J H Boeetcker
14:24, Sat 1 Aug
My Dad always used to tell me as a kid

"Never start a fight but always be the one to finish it"

"Nothing wrong in coming second as long as it is not second in a fight"

He was a boxer when he was in the navy and went on to work in the Prison service. Even now in his 70s he is still a tough old SOAB.
Turn left when you get on a plane.
14:47, Sat 1 Aug
I remember a lad at school doing a bad Irish accent to a teacher we had from Dublin.

She asked something to the effect of "What Irish person has ever sounded like that?" to which he said "My nan, but only because she's had a stroke"
15:22, Sat 1 Aug
I love anything from Groucho Marx. Two faves being:-

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"

Or

"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening but this was it"
15:29, Sat 1 Aug
When I first met my wife back when we were working at the same pub, she refused to serve some old bloke because he was hammered and could barely stand up. He argued for a bit and then stumbled off. About 5 minutes later he burst back in through the doors, pointed at her and shouted "You may be good looking but your heart is full of poison!" before storming off again. It was about 20 minutes later that I managed to stop laughing enough to serve a customer.
I love Arnold Schwarzeneggers quips and one liners from his 80's films but my life mantra is from Predator 2 , " shit happens" this sums up life, bad things will happen but deal with it and move on.
I may be drunk but your ugly and I'll be sober in the morning.

For purely purely personal reasons and slightly misquoted - if I should die think only this of me that some part of some foreign land will always be forever England.
SHA's Resident Estate Agent