08:45, Sat 1 Aug
It took a while but like the Mounties, Blues CEO Ren Xuandong got his man. Birmingham City confirmed late on Friday evening that Aitor Karanka has signed a three-year deal to be the next head coach of the club. The 46-year-old Spanish coach ends an 18 month exile from management since walking out on

[almajir.net]
08:50, Sat 1 Aug
Well said Dan, exactly what me and the Mrs were saying last night, for the first time since Monk, we are actually looking forward to a season, not dreading it.
08:53, Sat 1 Aug
Good article that, patience and Dong sticking to what I'm sure he's promised will be key.

If that happens, this feels alot like the right manager, at the right time. I'm fecking buzzing tbh 👍🏻
09:26, Sat 1 Aug
Waggeh
Good article that, patience and Dong sticking to what I'm sure he's promised will be key.

If that happens, this feels alot like the right manager, at the right time. I'm fecking buzzing tbh 👍🏻
Yes, I’m buzzing at the appointment too. Only potential “cloud” for me is if Dong thinks he can rewind on promises made. From what we’ve heard AK will be off like a scalded cat.
But....all we can do is see what happens, and at least there is a great reason to be optimistic
09:37, Sat 1 Aug
Could this be the end of Dong taking part in training?

I hope so.
H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"

joderlos entrar en ellos!
09:38, Sat 1 Aug
I hope that we adopt the approach of evolution as well, by adding quality to the squad in line with Karanka's footballing philosophy, rather than taking the scattergun approach - again - and trying to be Barca before we're Barnsley.

If we now have a manager that's prepared to put down football roots for a while and turn the club around, adding three or four quality players to the first team should start the ball rolling rewards being competitive. We're at a lower squad level than we were last season, though, to be fair. This will be interesting and I'm quite excited.
The Belle of St. Trillions
09:39, Sat 1 Aug
Dong has obviously made numerous promises, which is the easy part.

Now its time for him to stick to them. That's the hard part.

If he sticks to them and follows through with whatever he promised Karanka, then it may be the start of something promising.
09:46, Sat 1 Aug
Bela's About

I hope so.
If it isn’t I think it could be one of the shortest managerial tenures ever
09:56, Sat 1 Aug
Fire Rowett for not getting near enough to top 6.
Bring in a big name in Zola.
Bin him when he is crap and bet in Harry to save us.
Give him the job but realise he is all talk.
Get Cotterill back on the basis he was with Harry.
Fire him for being crap.
Get Monk in but sack him for being difficult and shady with agents.
Promote his sidekick.

Let us hope finally we have a decent, intelligent manager who is sharp enough to insist on a plan from the board and the balls to get them to stick to it. Very pleased with the appointment.
10:14, Sat 1 Aug
Anyone know when the presser is happening?
10:35, Sat 1 Aug
Bluubalders
Bela's About

I hope so.
If it isn’t I think it could be one of the shortest managerial tenures ever
Karanka won’t stand for it. I think we can all say that with certainty. If Karanka walks away Ren will really feel the hear
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
12:04, Sat 1 Aug
Enjoying the outbreak of optimism surrounding the club.
I reckon Karanka will improve the back four even with the existing players. With good coaching and instilling discipline and confidence, HD,MR,MC, and CP are all decent players.
12:14, Sat 1 Aug
Let's be positive. On their day Pedersen and Colin are brilliant. If we can keep them both, with the right management, we have two good full backs there. Its the centre backs that worry me.

Will also be interesting who they sign to be number 1 GK as well
12:17, Sat 1 Aug
Jimmy Krankie-a
Enjoying the outbreak of optimism surrounding the club.
I reckon Karanka will improve the back four even with the existing players. With good coaching and instilling discipline and confidence, HD,MR,MC, and CP are all decent players.
I agree - it’s amazing how far a bit of organisation and discipline can get you, even with mediocre players.
Rowett has proved it again this season.
Equally it’s amazing how the lack of those same qualities can turn good players into a haphazard, accident-prone team