10:17, Sat 1 Aug
Thought I’d throw this out to the masses!!! We’re on our way to Exeter in a week or so and can’t check in to our hotel until late afternoon, so any ideas on where we could go with a 3 year old beforehand? Travelling from Brum and all suggestions appreciated.
Jim
10:19, Sat 1 Aug
Don't set off till after lunch.

HTH
Stop off in Bristol and check out the statues down by the river ....
... how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost, but now I am found,
Was blind, but now I see.
Could meet us for a beer as we are in the same boat - not able to check into woolacombe until 7 !
SHA's Resident Estate Agent
10:35, Sat 1 Aug
Jim
Jim
Don't set off till after lunch.

HTH

😂🤦‍♀️😛
Head to beach, either Exmouth or Torquay is not to far away. dawlish Warren is nice too
Jim
10:50, Sat 1 Aug
Better still don't take a 3 year old on a city break holiday.
10:54, Sat 1 Aug
Jim
Ha ha ha....I said set out later but the wife isn’t wasting the day and now suggesting Weston to “break” the journey up!! It’s not a city break, using as a base and seeing as I get a huge staff discount why not use it at one of our hotels 👍
Cheddar gorge.
Clark’s village.
Sidmouth.
Cribbs Causeway.
Used Exeter as a base ourselves once, great little train rides to exmouth torquay penzance etc. If you do the train to Exmouth it stops at Lympstone, hop over the fence and try the tarzan course 😁 if you see lads in combats running towards you they will be more than likely firing blanks.
Yeah, the same reason we chose Exeter as a base. Sounds interesting, the boy would love that 😂
I just came back from Plymouth, only 2 nights but used it as a base to go to Lands End and St Ives. On the way back took the scenic route going via Woolacombe and Ilfracombe through to the m5 at Bridgwater, so you could take that route down there and stop along the way? Plenty of small towns and villages on the way.
Cathedral Green or if you want a longer walk go down to the quay - plenty going on there and most of it outside.
“A time comes when silence is betrayal” - Martin Luther King
I'm in Exmouth right now it's great. Also Lympstone, Topsham and Exton on the train line/cycle track from Exeter. Budleigh Salterton, Sidmouth, Beer and Branscombe all nice places. Heldon forest, Fingle Bridge and anywhere on Dartmoor.

Crealys theme park is ideal for little ones too.
11:49, Sat 1 Aug
Trago Mills...like stepping back into the 1970s