15:17, Mon 14 Sep
Jim
Jim
I have had a hunch about this one ever since he played against us in the Spurs friendly, after which Kranky made a pointed comment about his reunion with Mourinho.

Just not sure why it hasn't happened already, unless Spurs are waiting till they have brought in another defender?

I think we'll see more movement from the Prem as the window gets closer to its conclusion. As you say, some clubs will want to sign replacements first but other moves will be down to the player realising they aren't going to feature for their club.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, CCV wasn't given a squad number for their game with Everton yesterday. Lots of players on the fringes of Prem clubs will be seeing how their chances of getting first team action are looking in the opening games and many players will be told that they may not be in the managers plans for the upcoming season, so find a club before the window closes.

It all appears that he did well at Luton last season, but not enough to force his way into Mourinhos plans. Makes sense for him to come back to this league and try to make a bigger impact. Would be surprised if he's coming without a guarantee of first team football though, unless he's confident he can oust HD from the team.
15:25, Mon 14 Sep
Once the Prem teams finalise their 25 man squads there will be a raft of players up for grabs as the clubs will be paying them salaries to play U23's football.

I think Karanka was alluding to this slightly in one of his interviews where he said the longer wait the higher the quality of player we can get in.

If players are not selected as part of the 25 man squad and we're one of the few clubs with a bit of cash, then we're in a very strong position to take advantage.
15:32, Mon 14 Sep
He's been told to find another club either permanently or on loan.
She's playing with fire, he''s not ready for nibbly pig...
15:36, Mon 14 Sep
Smiler
Maybe..

Can’t imagine Roberts will stick around if we sign him. Which is a shame because I think Roberts is a lot better than what people say.
15:37, Mon 14 Sep
SteveCherry
He's been told to find another club either permanently or on loan.

If it's a loan Spurs will lose out as he is in last year of contract.

Apparently Bournemouth offered loan deal and it hasn't materialised?

More likely a sale now.. £1.5 m + ?
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
15:39, Mon 14 Sep
Los Azules
Smiler
Maybe..

Can’t imagine Roberts will stick around if we sign him.

The positives just keep racking up...
15:40, Mon 14 Sep
Looks that way doesn't it?
She's playing with fire, he''s not ready for nibbly pig...
15:48, Mon 14 Sep
Him and a proper striker and I’m seriously excited
19:33, Mon 14 Sep
Roberts is ok, he really is.
20:13, Mon 14 Sep
I won't turn a positive thread about a potential new player into a negative thread about one of our own players, but if Karanka has run the rule over Roberts and deemed him not good enough to remove Harlee Dean from the starting lineup then I think we can pretty much conclude that he isn't very good. Something we've seen countless times with our own eyes but now I'd imagine that our manager - a man whose bread and butter is defensive organisation - also agrees.
20:37, Mon 14 Sep
Don’t think there’s much between Roberts and Dean but with Friend as a shoe in it was always more likely Dean would partner him as he is more mobile, so he compliments Friend better
21:29, Mon 14 Sep
...shoo...
21:34, Mon 14 Sep
22:08, Mon 14 Sep
LH_4
I won't turn a positive thread about a potential new player into a negative thread about one of our own players, but if Karanka has run the rule over Roberts and deemed him not good enough to remove Harlee Dean from the starting lineup then I think we can pretty much conclude that he isn't very good. Something we've seen countless times with our own eyes but now I'd imagine that our manager - a man whose bread and butter is defensive organisation - also agrees.

You just did
22:28, Mon 14 Sep
newblue
...shoo...

I’m not going anywhere, pal