FattyBumBum
Rab C Nesbitt
FattyBumBum
Plus he's 26 and coming into his 'prime'. This isnt Adams who was clearly class at 19/20 and was only going to go one way.

We will be getting Jackson at his very best, whether that is good enough will remain to be seen.
Adams wasn’t clearly class. Rowett regularly had him on the bench or wide left and plenty wanted him sold for a few hundred grand on here before his goal scoring season

Says alot about Rowett more than anything else.

The kid had it, and is why he is where he is now. A wonderful player.

Some players seem to need a spark to get their career going or to start playing to their full potential. Look at Andy Johnson when he went to Crystal Palace. Ian Dowey seemed to get him playing in a way previous managers hadn’t been able but we had all seen the potential he had as Blues fans. Clearly something happened with Che after Monk arrived. I would guess there are many players who never quite end up playing as well as they might be capable of.
14:36, Tue 15 Sep
Rab C Nesbitt
Rowett, Zola, Wurzel. tbf. Only Monk got him consistently playing well.
Harsh to blame just Rowett

Players have break out seasons and Adams was under Monk. Anybody who couldn't see he had potential before then is bonkers.

It's just a shame it was in a drab 442 that finished mid table. He was exactly what we needed last season.

It is, as they say, what it is.
14:38, Tue 15 Sep
And vice versa, witness all the useless, can’t be arsed players who turned out for us post Covid as opposed to the warriors that battled so hard on Saturday.
14:39, Tue 15 Sep
People have said Keith has got potential. Jack Storer another.
Barely anyone expected Adams to get 20 odd goals
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
14:39, Tue 15 Sep
Not sure about this one, stats aren't great, seems to be a decent fee.

On the other hand, got loads of pace, if we sign Hogan as well it gives us three very different options upfront, if he gets 10-12 goals it's a snip.
14:40, Tue 15 Sep
‘Wonderful’ was stretching it. I think he may come good at Southampton, but a very good manager there has struggled somewhat to get effective performances, let alone goals.
14:44, Tue 15 Sep
I did. I knew that if we gave him the platform and he would thrive. The kid has everything.

I will give Monk that. He didnt feck around with changing formations to suit different teams. It was mainly 442 all the way. Not pissing round, with Juke and Adams up top. Adams took that chance with our more direct style of play. It worked for our forward line.
14:44, Tue 15 Sep
newblue
And vice versa, witness all the useless, can’t be arsed players who turned out for us post Covid as opposed to the warriors that battled so hard on Saturday.

I think though what you are referring to is more to do with effort and motivation than getting the best out of one’s natural ability.
14:45, Tue 15 Sep
He hasn’t got ‘everything’.
14:47, Tue 15 Sep
newblue
He hasn’t got ‘everything’.

I would say he has. He is very good isnt he?. Are people now suggesting he isn't?
14:55, Tue 15 Sep
Stats aren't wow but there is a steady career procession there. You never know until you know and for definite we need a finisher (an Eddie Jones interpretation of finisher, not Jimmy Greaves) to keep the opposition defence on their toes when Juke has run his knackers off after 75 minutes. Kind of what H said when I said we should take the fantasy £4m for supposedly on offer for Juke.
14:59, Tue 15 Sep
Rab C Nesbitt
FattyBumBum
Plus he's 26 and coming into his 'prime'. This isnt Adams who was clearly class at 19/20 and was only going to go one way.

We will be getting Jackson at his very best, whether that is good enough will remain to be seen.
Adams wasn’t clearly class. Rowett regularly had him on the bench or wide left and plenty wanted him sold for a few hundred grand on here before his goal scoring season

A troll with a fat bum !!
15:01, Tue 15 Sep
Rags
Rab C Nesbitt
FattyBumBum

A troll with a fat bum !!

Got a cute face though

;)
15:07, Tue 15 Sep
Jutkiewicz didn't have a good record before he joined us
15:15, Tue 15 Sep
But by default that doesnt mean that Jackson will become as good an asset as Juke has.

If the club, the scouts and more importantly Karanka have run the rule over him and the scouts have followed his progress, watched him extensively, identified where he can fit into the system then yes, it may turn out to be a good bit of business.

If they've just looked through the list of League 1 highest scorers/assists and thought "Who is quick, can play upfront and on the wing and could potentially be the new Che Adams" then I think he might be a bit of a risk at that price.

It's a shame that the fee isnt lower as it negates that risk, but £2.5mil seems quite pricey for a player who hasnt exactly stood out in the league below us.

Hope i'm wrong, but ive trawled through the opinion of Ipswich fans on social media and havent seen a single one of them upset to be losing him. Some of them say he's their third choice striker.