09:16, Wed 16 Sep
I don't suppose anyone here has got any recommendations for a new printer as my old Canon one is, like me, getting a bit too temperamental with age...?

Ideally around £150 cost or less would be nice if so.
09:19, Wed 16 Sep
Any specific things you need from it?
09:20, Wed 16 Sep
You can get decent ones for less than half that.

You could then get one for each butler ?
09:26, Wed 16 Sep
I got a hp8710 two years ago and its great. Simple to use and scans prints and copies. I paid £112 for mine. Just looked its over £400 now for some reason!!!

edit

looks like replaced by this [www.amazon.co.uk].
09:29, Wed 16 Sep
look at the cost of ink not the cost of printer.
SHA's Resident Estate Agent
JCL
09:36, Wed 16 Sep
Bought a Canon MG5700 a while back, no complaints.

Easy to set up and use, decent printing, I don’t print photos but sure it could.

Was only about £60, just looked at Currys and the updated MG5750 in £59.99, but out of stock.

[www.currys.co.uk]

I’d say that unless you are printing high volumes and need high quality I really wouldn’t spend more than £100.
Everything in moderation, even moderation.
09:39, Wed 16 Sep
I have about a dozen at work. Look at HP with an inkplan - works really well and you have an indefinite warranty as long as you have the ink plan
09:40, Wed 16 Sep
JCL
I have always had Brother printers and they are superb. I get mine for free but have to but a few sets of compatible cartrudges off them. Check them out. They can be a pain in the butt keep ringing you see if you need new inks but the deals are good.

[www.ijtdirect.co.uk]
09:40, Wed 16 Sep
Not really - don't really print photos so its just general WFH stuff and kids when they need to print out for homework.
09:49, Wed 16 Sep
Robert Hopkins
look at the cost of ink not the cost of printer.
This, dependent on print volume. What seems a cheap printer might not be if buying ink replacements at £40 a pop
09:57, Wed 16 Sep
number8
Not really - don't really print photos so its just general WFH stuff and kids when they need to print out for homework.

I use an Epson XP6000, it’s been good enough for me. Wireless printer / scanner / copier. Ink isn’t outrageously expensive either.
10:03, Wed 16 Sep
Mr Crosby uses a typewriter.

She's practiced, and is at 12 words per minute.
10:05, Wed 16 Sep
I use HP's Instant Ink plan too....it's actually very good value. I'm on the 'moderate' plan at £3.49 per month, which gives 100 pages and a roll-over of 200 pages.

The cartridges turn up in good time.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
10:21, Wed 16 Sep
Thanks everyone, that's helped, cheers!
10:23, Wed 16 Sep
I got a Canon Pixma for like 69 quid does the job. Scanner, printer, wireless. Compatible inks about 28 quid. Seems alright so far.