15:58, Wed 16 Sep
Cheers for that and to everyone else who's replied.
Sonic Youth fan. MBV. If you like feedback that much get a job at the council.
16:02, Wed 16 Sep
There is a track from along side the small river at the bottom of Pype Hayes Park that goes all the way through the New Hall Valley to Sutton Coldfield which is completely flat.

You do have to cross a couple of roads along the way but they all have pedestrian crossings.

It's a lovely walk / cycle to be honest. On bikes, depending on how quickly you want to do it I would say its a good 30/40 mins each way.
16:11, Wed 16 Sep
Depending on how far you want to venture Tittington trail in Derbyshire is again an old disused railway you can even hire bikes there and lots of stops along the trail so as long or short as you want it really, highly recommend.
God
16:11, Wed 16 Sep
I broke one of my early cans of lager records in Beacon Park when I was 14/15. Was pretty momentous.
Promoted again.
16:18, Wed 16 Sep
Cattell Prod
Any other localish tips?

Lifford Lane

Tyseley

Perry Barr

Sorry... 😁😁😁
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
16:55, Wed 16 Sep
Clent hills just by kiddy
16:57, Wed 16 Sep
There is a track from along side the small river at the bottom of Pype Hayes Park that goes all the way through the New Hall Valley to Sutton Coldfield which is completely flat.

You do have to cross a couple of roads along the way but they all have pedestrian crossings.

It's a lovely walk / cycle to be honest. On bikes, depending on how quickly you want to do it I would say its a good 30/40 mins each way.

Think that’s plantsbrook that runs through the newhall valley.

Shout
@Bluewurst1875
17:09, Wed 16 Sep
Not sure about how far you want to go but Cannock Chase visitor centre has some good flattish trails that might suit you and the kids? If you park at Birches valley visitor centre there is a cafe, go ape, a hunt the gruffalo trail and a play park right by the car park, there are also really nice big wide trails that do a figure of 8 around the fishing lakes (green route) which is fairly flat too mate. Always plenty going on there in the summer (though the outdoor concerts have stopped now of course) πŸ˜•
17:31, Wed 16 Sep
Crackley Wood just outside Kenilworth. CV8 2JS

There is a flat circular path around the nature reserve and the kids can look out for butterflies, bats etc. and there is a brass rubbing trail for the kids.
18:19, Wed 16 Sep
I regularly cycle 20k around Sutton park and surrounding roads can be busy at weekends. Nothing to difficult.
18:31, Wed 16 Sep
Tissington Trail is great but, there is a uphill gradient all the way up, not steep but constant. If you can get somebody to drop you at the top and come down, it’s a good idea
What did the Knights in White satin?
19:17, Wed 16 Sep
BTW. Town gate has a pub (carvery)

Also the visitors centre is there, maps, accessibility, kids trails/activities etc
@Bluewurst1875
19:29, Wed 16 Sep
Sandwell Valley Park is a good shout. Great play area and park for the kids, head over the bridge and there are paved walking and cycling routes around the lake. A bit of off road trail type stuff as well.