17:06, Wed 23 Sep
We have a summerhouse in the garden (yep a big shed) and basically it's been a dumping ground for the last few years anyway cleaned it all out today etc etc and the Mrs now wants it as a little office workspace as it's not in bad nick... Due to her working from home for the foreseeable we was thinking the best way to get our WiFi up there so she can do a bit of work in it?? What's the best thing on the market without basically hardwiring it and getting virgin media in... Thanks.
17:12, Wed 23 Sep
Linksys Velop Whole Home Intelligent Mesh WiFi System.
£216.88
17:20, Wed 23 Sep
I assume it’s hooked up to the same electric circuit as your house?

[www.argos.co.uk]

I’ve been using these for ages in my flat for my office where the WiFi doesn’t reach, absolutely perfect.

Not sure about the layout of your place so may not work as well though.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
17:32, Wed 23 Sep
If your router is near the rear of the house, run an ethernet cable out of the house and bury it slightly in the garden or run it at the bottom of a fence.

Waterproof 50m ethernet cable £25 from Amazon.

If she wants WiFi for her phone etc not just a laptop.
I presume there is power in there as she wants it as an office, plug the ethernet into a wireless access point and use the power to power it.
17:41, Wed 23 Sep
Super Hans

[www.argos.co.uk]

I’ve been using these for ages in my flat for my office where the WiFi doesn’t reach, absolutely perfect.

This, cheap and more importantly works
17:43, Wed 23 Sep
Thanks lads....all taken on board will get it sorted the weekend.
17:47, Wed 23 Sep
Lichfield Blues
Super Hans

[www.argos.co.uk]

This, cheap and more importantly works
we have bi fold doors would the signal still work?
17:56, Wed 23 Sep
Mad Blue
£216.88

Velop is absolute dogshit. It has frequent dropouts, and has plenty of articles about its woefulness.
....as long as your home and summerhouse are on the same electrical circuit, yes 👍.
If all else fails, you could try a mifi device which requires a SIM card. Probably £30 ish for the device from Amazon, and a cheap SIM £5 a month.

The Ethernet extension is the best solution as described above, but this works well too.
18:14, Wed 23 Sep
I would got for the "home plugs" as recommended by others if you have power to the shed.

Our "Shed" is supplied from a different meter than the house and router so we went for this setup. Cheap works but no idea if suitable for anything bar browsing. The photo is taken from the wifi thing so you get some idea of distance

[postimg.cc]
18:18, Wed 23 Sep
crude
Mad Blue
£216.88

Velop is absolute dogshit. It has frequent dropouts, and has plenty of articles about its woefulness.

Could you inform me where these articles are? Velop works fine for me and it is a which? best buy.
JCL
18:26, Wed 23 Sep
I'm a big fan of the TP link Deko M5.

Bought as was getting dodgy signal in upstairs of the house where I'm WFH.

Now have my full 100mb virgin signal all over the house and in the garden.

[www.tp-link.com]

Super easy to set up and control, just need a power socket down there.

I bought a 3 pack on ebay,
1 goes next to your router.
1 in my lounge
1 in working room.
Everything in moderation, even moderation.
19:11, Wed 23 Sep
Mad Blue
crude
Mad Blue
£216.88

Could you inform me where these articles are? Velop works fine for me and it is a which? best buy.

Take a look in the tech support sections for Velop. Its littered with posts and responses with the same issue of dropouts.

It wasn't faulty hardware I had (AC1300), as I bought two sets, positioned them properly etc. I also checked for conflicting channel use, but the simple fact is.. is that theres an issue with the IP lease time on the nodes. I.e. when they try to renew their IP, they sometimes can't and go offline. Setting to static didn't help either

Since we got the BT discs, its been nigh on flawless.