22:51, Wed 23 Sep
2 cans and 30 feet of string 👍
23:14, Wed 23 Sep
We did the same with our room at the back of the garage. Sky are my provider they sent me a booster for free, it sits on the kitchen window ledge and there is 4/5 strength. Actually as an extra benefit, we now have wifi for our new decking and fire pit!

Your provider may provide you with a free booster.
11:24, Thu 24 Sep
[www.amazon.co.uk]

Expensive at £530, but without question the best solution. Ultra reliable and ridiculously fast WiFi over very very long distances.
11:31, Thu 24 Sep
Unless they put out firmware that updates automatically then knocks out all of the Ethernet ports at it did for the ac88u a couple of weeks ago.
13:09, Thu 24 Sep
Switch off auto updates and always wait a few weeks for other users to identify bugs before upgrading F/W. I have had an AC5300 for about 4 years now and it is still the best router on the market.
13:25, Thu 24 Sep
It wasnt switched on in the first place
[www.snbforums.com]

I now use asuswrt-merlin firmware.
13:38, Thu 24 Sep
mr_crosby
It wasnt switched on in the first place
[www.snbforums.com]

I now use asuswrt-merlin firmware.

I'm glad you're the techie in our house. Its nice to see a woman with authority.
13:45, Thu 24 Sep
Begley
[www.amazon.co.uk]

Expensive at £530, but without question the best solution. Ultra reliable and ridiculously fast WiFi over very very long distances.

Is this good just over long distances, or does it work in large houses with lots of walls between end points too? I have extenders and boosters all over Pearly Towers but they are not ultra reliable.
14:02, Thu 24 Sep
Brilliant for long distances and lots of walls. I live in an old house which has real walls between rooms as opposed to plasterboard partitions. On the 3rd floor and through many walls and floors I am still getting 100MB+ download using Wifi on an IPhone 7. I have 4 teenagers who use crazy amounts of Wifi for online gaming, Netflix and all sorts of other stuff and I never have complaints about Wifi. I couldn't recommend this router any higher and I like my techie stuff and would upgrade it if I thought I needed to or if I thought I could get better
14:14, Thu 24 Sep
Begley
Brilliant for long distances and lots of walls. I live in an old house which has real walls between rooms as opposed to plasterboard partitions. On the 3rd floor and through many walls and floors I am still getting 100MB+ download using Wifi on an IPhone 7. I have 4 teenagers who use crazy amounts of Wifi for online gaming, Netflix and all sorts of other stuff and I never have complaints about Wifi. I couldn't recommend this router any higher and I like my techie stuff and would upgrade it if I thought I needed to or if I thought I could get better

Thanks.

£530 though 😱