08:58, Thu 24 Sep
Signing on Friday if my contacts on Twitter are to be believed.

Erm...Covid and more so the constant need to report and repeat every tiny aspect of it is depressing the hell out of me but I'm sure I'm not alone in that. I have to confess to watching a little breakfast tv before I leave for work, BBC, not that tosser on ITV. Second wave has made it unbearable for me to watch any more though and I've taken to turning over to Ch4 watch 'Cheers'. I remember the hype but I never saw this when it was originally on, I think it was on Friday nights and I would've been anywhere but in front of the tv. I never realised just how brilliant it was/is. Cliff has me giggling like a schoolgirl in the morning and that can't be a bad way to start the day, he's funny but so true to life. 'Cliffs' are everywhere, even on here.

Cliff Clavin - he makes me laugh and he makes me late for work.
09:04, Thu 24 Sep
Prefer Norm myself.

"Whadda ya say Norm?"

"I say I never met the beer I didn't drink..."
09:04, Thu 24 Sep
Miguelagenn
Signing on Friday if my contacts on Twitter are to be believed.

Erm...Covid and more so the constant need to report and repeat every tiny aspect of it is depressing the hell out of me but I'm sure I'm not alone in that. I have to confess to watching a little breakfast tv before I leave for work, BBC, not that tosser on ITV. Second wave has made it unbearable for me to watch any more though and I've taken to turning over to Ch4 watch 'Cheers'. I remember the hype but I never saw this when it was originally on, I think it was on Friday nights and I would've been anywhere but in front of the tv. I never realised just how brilliant it was/is. Cliff has me giggling like a schoolgirl in the morning and that can't be a bad way to start the day, he's funny but so true to life. 'Cliffs' are everywhere, even on here.

Cliff Clavin - he makes me laugh and he makes me late for work.

For the same reasons started to watch the Sweeney on ITV3.

Still waiting for Regan to say ‘and you....put your knickers on and make me a cap o tea’
09:08, Thu 24 Sep
One f the obscure channels Is showing Budgie.....got the lot taped
09:08, Thu 24 Sep
I was young enough to watch it on a Friday night rather than be out, and i've always loved it. Ted Danson might be a nightmare in real life, but Cheers and Three men make him alright in book.

Great theme tune too.
09:18, Thu 24 Sep
Love the interaction between the two. I think I was blinkered/prejudiced towards US sitcoms for a long time, probably until 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' came along. Before that I never really gave them the time of day.
09:22, Thu 24 Sep
Talking Pictures says Google, I'll look out for that.
09:38, Thu 24 Sep
I've never been much on American soaps and I'm still not.

The first one I remember liking was probably either Taxi - or Soap, whichever came first. I knew Soap was really clever, but when I look back I think I was probably a bit young and if I rewatched it now, I'd bet I would get a lot of jokes that went over my head.

Cheers was utter genius. And like you say, the play-off between Cliff and Norm was wonderful. And that's not to mention Carla's bitchiness.

I never saw the fuss about Frasier.
09:50, Thu 24 Sep
I think Frasier is brill. First 26 series mind, after that it ran out of steam a bit, but my day doesn’t start until Frasier is over 😀
I’m in the minority over here but I’ve always loved plenty of American sitcoms even as a nipper. They always seemed a bit sharper to me and I’ve always been into That yank Jewish/New York humour. Generally I prefer their stand ups compared to ours as well. Curb your enthusiasm is unreal, back in the day I also liked Sgt Bilko, cheers, Rhoda, taxi, king of queens and Seinfeld.
10:32, Thu 24 Sep
Stalag 17
10:38, Thu 24 Sep
Pearly Dewdrops
I think Frasier is brill. First 26 series mind, after that it ran out of steam a bit, but my day doesn’t start until Frasier is over 😀

Love Frasier, started watching it again during furlough period.

Cheers, everybody loves Raymond & king & queens and to a degree, Mike & Molly are watchable imho.
11:36, Thu 24 Sep
Series linked Cheers and now got episode of Cheers on our Sky Q box. Watch at least 3 or 4 of them every week.

My favourite comedy of all time.
11:46, Thu 24 Sep
I think Frasier is a magnificent series. For me, among the best sitcoms of all time. I really liked 'Becker' with Ted Danson.
The Belle of St. Trillions
11:50, Thu 24 Sep
Spent the whole of my free month’s trial of Amazon Prime binge watching Mrs. Maisel. New York jewish humour at its sharpest.
“A time comes when silence is betrayal” - Martin Luther King