12:52, Thu 24 Sep
Aussie Cricket great. Gone at 59.
RIP
[www.skysports.com]
Proper shocked at this, gutted even. Loved watching him.
Makes me realise again how lucky I am to be here.

Apols if already posted on here earlier.
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
12:54, Thu 24 Sep
Rab C Nesbitt
Aussie Cricket great. Gone at 59.
RIP
[www.skysports.com]
Proper shocked at this, loved watching him.
Makes me realise again how lucky I am to be here.

That is truly shocking. RIP Dean.
13:06, Thu 24 Sep
Shame.

He was a really good player and always came across as a decent bloke, not one of those Aussie cricketers who felt they needed to be showing how macho they were.

He was also a good player at a time when Australia weren't a very good team.

RIP.
Played one of the greatest innings ever in Chennai in the 1980s in horrendous conditions. A warrior.
A real shock and at that age too.Came across as a really decent bloke and very humble too.Watched him play loads of times and he was always a batsman you needed to get out early as once he got settled you were in trouble.RIP to a great sportsman and gentleman.
13:19, Thu 24 Sep
A shocker this one.

Proper batsman.Would have been brilliant in today’s shorter formats.

Gutted.
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Played one of the greatest innings ever in Chennai in the 1980s in horrendous conditions. A warrior.
With him passing away due to a cardiac arrest, and me surviving one last year it made me flashback to that day, but he was genuinely my favourite batsman as a nipper, and weirdly I was going to start a thread only a couple of weeks back. A who would you pick as your number 3 batsman?
Jones or Root?

I'd have said Jones, but it was our era of being young and more easily influenced.
I am gutted this afternoon though. Another part of my youth gone
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
13:33, Thu 24 Sep
Heart attack.

Look after yer selves lads. Read up on symptoms and if necessary get yer self checked out.
13:35, Thu 24 Sep
Never a truer word, Buddha.
Advice easily ignored though.
👍
08:07, Fri 25 Sep
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
With him passing away due to a cardiac arrest, and me surviving one last year it made me flashback to that day, but he was genuinely my favourite batsman as a nipper, and weirdly I was going to start a thread only a couple of weeks back. A who would you pick as your number 3 batsman?
Jones or Root?

I'd have said Jones, but it was our era of being young and more easily influenced.

Cracking article on Jones [www.thecricketer.com]
08:42, Fri 25 Sep
Blimey really shocked about this
Rip dean
11:01, Fri 25 Sep
Would be in my world XI. Brilliant classy if not sometimes unorthodox batsman. Truly shocking that he's died. I follow the IPL and he was commentating on it.

Just for a point of reference I'm only a year younger!
11:05, Fri 25 Sep
Fat Buddha
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Jones or Root?

Cracking article on Jones [www.thecricketer.com]
Link doesn’t work for me mate
11:16, Fri 25 Sep
Doesn’t work for me either.......it’s on the Cricketer website, by Simon Hughes
16:37, Fri 25 Sep
This is beautiful

[www.theguardian.com]