14:32, Thu 24 Sep
I think we need minimum 5 players to leave just to free up some space
15:22, Thu 24 Sep
Englishblue
Baloo
I'd hate for Gardner to go. I think he's far and away our best attacking CM and love his bursts forward.

Karanka I think will utilise 433 within games regularly if not from the start and Gardner will be important in that formation.

This. Gards can play anywhere across the midfield he is a very good all rounder and crutual for the 'Squad' IMO

I agree with this and I hate the Gardners, well mainly Craig.
15:32, Thu 24 Sep
Docky91
Englishblue
Baloo
I'd hate for Gardner to go. I think he's far and away our best attacking CM and love his bursts forward.

Karanka I think will utilise 433 within games regularly if not from the start and Gardner will be important in that formation.

This. Gards can play anywhere across the midfield he is a very good all rounder and crutual for the 'Squad' IMO

I agree with this and I hate the Gardners, well mainly Craig.

What a crazy thing to say, why would you hate them? May not be your favourite player(s) but hate them.. wow
Turn left when you get on a plane.
15:54, Thu 24 Sep
GG definitely has something to offer and is different to the CM's we have currently. I doubt we will get any sort of a fee for Davis or Kief in todays climate. If anything clubs will be looking for us to subsidise there wage if they are taken on loan. Very careful consideration needs to be taken when offering longer contracts otherwise we will find ourselves with another bomb squad situation.
16:03, Thu 24 Sep
Baloo
With the way the transfer market was going for a few years with the price of players rising exponentially to silly levels in the Prem and that beginning to filter down to our level, I thought we might have been able to get £1m+ for Kief and at least £500k for Davis a year or so ago. But Kief is 30, not long back from a horrible knee injury, and has only a year left. As mentioned as well there aren't many fees being paid at this level outside of a handful of clubs.

I think we'll need to loan Kief out for the year until his contract is up. But it was absolutely the right thing to do to trigger the contract extension when he was out injured, it allowed him to come back from injury when he was ready without feeling the need to rush his rehabilitation.

Kieftenbeld has said in the past that he would like to go back to Holland but they are very funny about older players. There's no way we'd get money for him from there and I think if he gets an offer to go we should let him.
17:04, Thu 24 Sep
I'd say for the £175,000 we paid for him, and what were most likely smaller wages, letting him go for free to get himself sorted elsewhere should be acceptable to all parties.
GBR 2020: Sepia tinted visions of a past that never really was, informing an idea of the future that was never really possible.
19:25, Thu 24 Sep
Yep, he's more than repaid the £175k or whatever it was we paid for him. I remember Rowett talking about how they spent the summer waiting for the exchange rate to drop so that they could afford him.

Davis too at £250k owes us absolutely nothing. We should let both go for free if they can get fixed up.
20:56, Thu 24 Sep
Think davis was only £150k as well tbf.
21:17, Thu 24 Sep
I think it was 100k.
Amazingly he replaced Adeyemi who we got a million quid for
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
22:10, Thu 24 Sep
Rab C Nesbitt
I think it was 100k.

Adeyemi hasn't played a game for a club for over a year, has he?
GBR 2020: Sepia tinted visions of a past that never really was, informing an idea of the future that was never really possible.
23:21, Thu 24 Sep
The signing that I don't get is Medina. That one looked bizarre from the beginning. He came along on our pre season tour last summer from Cornella and he and Guzman were supposedly helping us with numbers or something. We sign up Guzman and immediately loan him out to Cornella, okay that was weird too but I gather it was a cheap gift for Cornella.

However I don't see how signing Medina helped Cornella, was there a fee involved? And he wasn't immediately loaned back, he sat in our reserves for 6 months before going back. Did we think he could possibly be Championship quality but it took us 6 months to realise he wasn't without trying him outside of Portsmouth with the kids?

He's been given plenty of minutes in pre-season and made the bench at the weekend ahead of Davis and Kief who have been advised they can leave. Is he in the first team plans? Are we just waiting to loan him back to Cornella again?
23:53, Thu 24 Sep
Rab C Nesbitt
I think it was 100k.

Having Cardiff over a barrel is a recurring theme for us, isn't it?
07:44, Fri 25 Sep
In yesterday’s press conference we Aitor said priority to get outfield squad down to 20 (supported by academy) as he only wants players around who are in contention to play.

16 shoe in’s (maybe still question about Roberts and Keif)
Colin
Pederson
Friend
Dean
Roberts
San Jose
Sunjic
Clayton
Keif
Toral
Crowley
Bela
Sanchez
Juke
Hogan
Leko

Who are the the other 4 ? Have I missed anyone ?

Medina
Boyd Munce
Larkin
Cogley
Bailey
George
McEachan
07:46, Fri 25 Sep
G Gardner
Every woman every man
Loves Karankaman, we're Blues
Stand up... stand up.... stand up
Everybody make a noise
We're the Brummie boys
Stand up, stand up .....
12:42, Fri 25 Sep
17 shoe in’s (maybe still question about Roberts and Keif)
Colin
Pederson
Friend
Dean
Roberts
San Jose
Sunjic
Clayton
Keif
Gardner
Toral
Crowley
Bela
Sanchez
Juke
Hogan
Leko

Who are the the other 4 ? Have I missed anyone ?

Medina
Boyd Munce
Larkin
Cogley
Bailey
George
McEachan