Would be interesting to know how many fans are paying for the PPV matches from Blues TV.

What do we reckon, couple of thousand tops?
08:39, Fri 25 Sep
With the backing of the EFL and the relevant authorities, illegal transmissions of BluesTV will be punished without hesitation or reconsideration and those providing illegal streams will face banning orders and legal action to recoup lost earnings.

Good luck if the streamers are outside of the UK.
08:41, Fri 25 Sep
Find it bizarre how many people use their phones to stream Blues games onto Twitter and Facebook using their Personal accounts and the hashtag #bcfc
Doubt they'd release the figures but it's more than that I'd imagine.

Despite our shite home attendances we've got a pretty large,albeit ageing fanbase.
jmc
08:55, Fri 25 Sep
Difference is a family of 4 only pay for 1 stream, rather than 4 match tickets.
08:59, Fri 25 Sep
jmc
jmc
Difference is a family of 4 only pay for 1 stream, rather than 4 match tickets.

Conversely, you could say they haven't lost any revenue at all, as three of those four wouldn't have bought the stream in the first instance.

Its a very old argument, and I'm playing Devil's advocate.
09:10, Fri 25 Sep
jmc
I had it end of last season as compensation for my ST but not using it this season. I find the lag from live is always about 40 seconds plus and at times over 1 min behind.

I have the sky bet app open on my ipad watching the "pitch view" with Soccer Saturday on Sky so see the goals just after they go in. Then watch the free highlights later.

The cost of home games last season was aprox £14.35 ish with my ST so now each game home and away I put £20 in to a savings account just to see how much is there when allowed to purchase again.

Thats my plan for now.
Turn left when you get on a plane.
jmc
09:15, Fri 25 Sep
The lost revenue is the 4 match tickets/share of season ticket revenue, say £60-£80 compared to 1 stream of a tenner.

Approx £400 (46 games @ £10 a game less any selected for Sky) for all home and away games streamed compared to closer to £1400 + for 4 season tickets is over £1K lost of revenue for the club from an 'average' family
09:16, Fri 25 Sep
Would still be interested to know the numbers though.

For example, on the away games we don't make much cash from ticket sales. If anything. Now that we can't all travel away and the games are available for PPV could we be getting say 10k sign up for the game bringing in £100k which we wouldn't normally have for away matches.

If the figure did average around the 10k a week for both home and away how does that compare to match ticket sales per week (taking season ticket holders out of the equation)?

So just on the floating support the normal fortnightly income might be 7000 people paying £20 on average for a home game compared to 10000 paying a tenner every week to watch on Blues TV.

Obviously you don't get all of the food sales etc but will we still be getting similar income from ticket sales due to what I would imagine will be a large increase in Blues TV usage??

As I say, would be interested in the figures, would maybe give an insight into what the day to day cash flow will be like?
God
09:19, Fri 25 Sep
There is no way they are selling 10000 streams.

I reckon 5000 might be pushing it.

Families who had tickets will be watching together, friends watching together, some watching illegals and some not watching.

Some watching some weeks.
Promoted again.
09:20, Fri 25 Sep
I'll miss the "and me" threads. They were quite humorous in their repetitiveness.

Re: Virtual Attendance

09:20, Fri 25 Sep
jmc
jmc
The lost revenue is the 4 match tickets/share of season ticket revenue, say £60-£80 compared to 1 stream of a tenner.

Approx £400 (46 games @ £10 a game less any selected for Sky) for all home and away games streamed compared to closer to £1400 + for 4 season tickets is over £1K lost of revenue for the club from an 'average' family

That's with the assumption that all of the four viewers were going to St Andrews in the first place. Its always been a flawed argument- the "we have lost X through streaming / piracy". Its predicated on the notion that X number of people will buy a product, when in fact Y people do.

Yes, there cases where there would be an empirical loss based on season tickets etc, but there's no effective way to come up with a realistic figure of lost revenue. Even physical sales fluctuate. Weather, the economy, the time of the week.

That said, Blues TV has been good this season. Aside from the wonky camera work at during the friendlies.
God
09:22, Fri 25 Sep
It's pretty fair to say that family of 4 normally buy a season ticket, they now only buy 1 stream as they watch together.
Promoted again.
09:23, Fri 25 Sep
God
Just used 10k as an example and friends can no longer watch together in Birmingham due to the restrictions of no households mixing at home.

Can't even let my dad come up and watch a game with me so if he wants to see it has to buy a stream himself.