17:25, Thu 24 Sep
Does anybody have any idea what’s going on with huaweii? Last thing I heard was they had problem with google and security. My Dad needs a new phone but won’t pay big for Apple or Samsung. Serious and joke answers appreciated 😄
17:40, Thu 24 Sep
Not sure Huawei is a safe bet. A bit like buying a diesel car - you're alright for the minute but things will get worse for you in the future. Xiaomi have some good phones and I believe the Pixel 4 is meant to be good.
17:47, Thu 24 Sep
Ah that’s what my worry was, I know it’s safe for now but he won’t be happy 6 months down the line when he has to get a new one. Cheers I will look into that, any other recommendations?
17:50, Thu 24 Sep
Have a look at Realme, they get some great reviews, and you get a lot for the money.
17:52, Thu 24 Sep
When they were Google supported they were good.

Now they’re running their own software and without access to the Play Store it’s less than pointless owning one.
18:04, Thu 24 Sep
Azules
Have a look at Realme, they get some great reviews, and you get a lot for the money.

I brought one of these a few months back. It's been great so far. So much so I bought one for the Mrs too.
18:07, Thu 24 Sep
I just got the Motorola G8 Power because I didn't want to spend a lot of money after my iPhone 8 plus gave up on me (or it finally succumbed to me drunkenly dropping it).

Can only recommend it, 5000mh of battery so lasts for days on one charge. Most phones are much of a muchness these days because the market is so saturated.
18:17, Thu 24 Sep
my mrs has one,she said its great.and shes had loads ov phones.and shes always buying stuff off it.
18:30, Thu 24 Sep
Smelly
Azules

I brought one of these a few months back. It's been great so far. So much so I bought one for the Mrs too.
Which one did you get?
18:34, Thu 24 Sep
I have a Huawei P20 Mate Pro. Fantastic piece of kit and I’d upgrade to the 30 or even 40 in a heartbeat. Except for the Google Apps thing.

They are slowly building their own App Store and have added a Google Maps equivalent recently, but it depends on how much you use Apps., which everybody does I suppose.

As with everything, these things can be sideloaded if you can be arsed, but on balance, I’m going to go to a Samsung S20 when I upgrade next month. Won’t be as good though.
18:42, Thu 24 Sep
huaweii r better,oppo own realme,huaweii are better,just read it up.[www.quora.com]
18:48, Thu 24 Sep
bluer than blues
I believe the Pixel 4 is meant to be good.

Pixels are ace. I've got a 4 but still use my 3 XL for business. Highly recommended.
19:07, Thu 24 Sep
I have a Huawei P30 and it is superb. I think the main issue is with the newer phones. You can still pick up a P30 on amazon. Superb phone and camera
19:29, Thu 24 Sep
Foxtrot Oscar
I have a Huawei P30 and it is superb. I think the main issue is with the newer phones. You can still pick up a P30 on amazon. Superb phone and camera

If you use banking/secure apps don't bother, the mother in law just got stung with not being able to access any of these when the phone updated and her 'sideloaded' phoneclone wouldn't work any more. Great phones but without the support aren't your best bet. Entry level Samsung like the J4 plus are cheap and cheerful
20:44, Thu 24 Sep
Azules
Smelly
Azules

Which one did you get?

Realme 6 128Gb