22:33, Sat 17 Oct
That was quite a ridiculous decision today against us, For all that we played poorly we actually lost because of a silly ref, as refs often are, and that’s one of the poor thing that isn’t alleviated by Var, it’s just underlined.
22:37, Sat 17 Oct
To be fair too others have mentioned Pedersen could have been red carded today if VAR was around
22:42, Sat 17 Oct
I think it’s a combination of all of what you say, Covid, no fans and the clinical examination of every decision has made it a watered down version of the game most of us grew up on. Add to that wages, when most other talented industries are struggling to survive (theatre, music etc) puts things into perspective.
22:44, Sat 17 Oct
If Var had have looked at it and if Var had made a wrong decision?
22:45, Sat 17 Oct
Depends how silly the ref was
22:58, Sat 17 Oct
Scoobers
The var will give it after viewing numerous replays and angles and will be certain to get it right.

Oh

VAR isn't AI 😂😂😂

The ref at Stockley Park should have referred it to Michael Oliver to check. He didn't. Refs fault.
Whatecer the faults of VAR it didn't get this decision wrong, the red did.
😳
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
23:00, Sat 17 Oct
Back to where we were then without people being 100.00000001% offside
10:02, Sun 18 Oct
Scoobers
The var will give it after viewing numerous replays and angles and will be certain to get it right.

Oh

VAR isn't AI 😂😂😂

The ref at Stockley Park should have referred it to Michael Oliver to check. He didn't. Refs fault.

You’re separating the technology and the VAR referee for some reason. If the VAR ref hasn’t referred it to the on field ref then surely that’s an issue with the VAR process?
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
11:27, Sun 18 Oct
Super Hans
Scoobers

Oh

VAR isn't AI 😂😂😂

You’re separating the technology and the VAR referee for some reason. If the VAR ref hasn’t referred it to the on field ref then surely that’s an issue with the VAR process?
Yeah, you get what I'm saying
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
12:03, Sun 18 Oct
Part of the problem is the VAR terms of reference.
When they look at incidents they are looking at specific things.
Whereas they need to look at making sure the overall decision is correct.

So with penalties the first check is whether it is in the area. If the foul isn't they don't go hack to it unless it is a professional foul or serious foul play.

With offsides they stop as soon as they decide it is offside.
As I understand it the broadcast offside pictures are only part of what they consider. They zoom in and freeze it better.

We had ludicrous decisions las season. Where players were pushed into the ball and handball was given to stop a goal, but the original push wasn't considered because it wasn't in the area and wasn't seen as a clear professional foul.

Neither of the offsides yesterday look 'right'. I'd be keen to get the VAR conversations available for broadcast. It would be informative and it might show up a few refs
12:06, Sun 18 Oct
Not sure about Pedersen. It wasn't a great angle. It looked like both players scrapping for the ball. Not a foul for me.

The penalty was an embarrassment. A clear dive. The officials should be ashamed to have fallen for it.
God
13:01, Sun 18 Oct
One thing I would say about the penalty was Clayton had a 5 yard advantage in a ten yard foot race and still got beaten to the ball. That was a concern.
Promoted again.
13:33, Sun 18 Oct
God
Not beaten to the ball.

All the Sheffield Wednesday player wanted was to get slightly ahead and go down. The ball was a secondary concern at most.

I agree the lack of mobility there was concerning.
God
13:46, Sun 18 Oct
Well he got in front of him which is pretty similar.
Promoted again.
13:49, Sun 18 Oct
God
Yeah he did get to the ball first. He is very slow is Clayton. Paterson did dive though. Another very soft penalty given to Palace in the game now. Contact doesn’t automatically equal a foul.