15:55, Sat 17 Oct
All I keep seeing is people complaining about x, y and z, so what are peoples expectations this season?

Mine is around a mid-table finish, with foundations laid for a tilt next season - we have been in a relegation battle god knows how many times in the last few years, so what did people expect this season? It's a massive overhaul but our fans seem to be expecting much more?
16:00, Sat 17 Oct
You’re either trying to stay up or trying to get up.

Planning for mid table mediocrity is the problem, it’s an attitude hard to shift.

Try and win as many games as you can, instead of trying not to lose.
Something we don’t seem to want to recruit in a manager unfortunately.
C'est la vie
16:01, Sat 17 Oct
I would be happy with mid table. We will get better as the season goes on.
Said as soon as he was appointed, the majority of our scorelines this season for us will feature Nil or One, unfortunately Karanka is no McLeish and a goal a game under Karanka won't get you promoted like he managed.
16:05, Sat 17 Oct
brummiestu87
All I keep seeing is people complaining about x, y and z, so what are peoples expectations this season?

Mine is around a mid-table finish, with foundations laid for a tilt next season - we have been in a relegation god knows how many times in the last few years, so what did people expect this season? It's a massive overhaul but our fans seem to be expecting much more?

Took us a long time to get going under Monk. Lots of changes across the board. I think we will get a few wins on the bounce and we'll be away. In the mix by the end with our squad depth, once we have gelled.
NotFitToLaceDeanPeersBoots
unfortunately Karanka is no McLeish

Christ 😂
Erm he got boro promoted doing just that
The intellectual saviour of the masses.
16:08, Sat 17 Oct
Mithrandir
You’re either trying to stay up or trying to get up.

Planning for mid table mediocrity is the problem, it’s an attitude hard to shift.

Try and win as many games as you can, instead of trying not to lose.
Something we don’t seem to want to recruit in a manager unfortunately.

Every team in the league is trying to win every game, however I am asking us as fans what are our expectations? All I keep seeing is people with there knickers in a twist over a defeat - we've had 5 league games and lost one. Yes we may have struggled to score in those games, but it takes time to turn a team around, not 10-12 weeks.

No doubt over the next hour we will see a thread on most of the players from today with a character assassination of them for there performance.
16:09, Sat 17 Oct
Stay up and wait for the next Ren/owners eff up.
@stevanderman
16:10, Sat 17 Oct
yeehaw
brummiestu87

Mine is around a mid-table finish, with foundations laid for a tilt next season - we have been in a relegation god knows how many times in the last few years, so what did people expect this season? It's a massive overhaul but our fans seem to be expecting much more?

Took us a long time to get going under Monk. Lots of changes across the board. I think we will get a few wins on the bounce and we'll be away. In the mix by the end with our squad depth, once we have gelled.

Exactly how I see us this season - if we're in with a chance around the January window, I expect us to throw a bit more cash at it.
16:11, Sat 17 Oct
Not on our budget
16:25, Sat 17 Oct
If we get promoted and win the F.A. Cup I will be happy.
16:25, Sat 17 Oct
A goal would be nice
16:29, Sat 17 Oct
I'd agree with you - midtable. However, that doesn't mean that I'm looking forward to the season. After how many years of this shit now? I'm pretty bored of watching shit football. But I'll stick with it in the hope that things get better. I actually thought we played really well in that first game against Brentford so I hope we can get back to that.
16:32, Sat 17 Oct
Or, we've had 5 league games and 1 win, amassing 3 goals.